LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Speed Density Conversion ?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Density Conversion ?!

Does anyone no what is need to convert from Speed Density to MAF.
I have a 93 camaro with a 396 stroker that made 427hp at the wheel. I currently have a PCMfor less tune, but i want to make the conversion so it can be easier to find a local shop that can tune my car.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Well you'll need a MAF sensor obviously, and also a 94+ harness and computer, and throttle body.

Also if the car is an auto you'll need a 4l60e tranny to work with the 94+ computer, or you'll have to figure out a way to get a 4l60 to work with it (not sure if that's possible).
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Why are you haveing trouble finding a tuner? Every tuner is know including myself, the little i have done, tunes s/d first then adds the maf/ve tables after.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Teching In

the answer everyone is giving me is that they don't like burning chips and just don't have the software.

"Well you'll need a MAF sensor obviously, and also a 94+ harness and computer, and throttle body.

Also if the car is an auto you'll need a 4l60e tranny to work with the 94+ computer, or you'll have to figure out a way to get a 4l60 to work with it (not sure if that's possible). "

Thanks,
I do have an M6 Tranny.
Thanks againg for the input.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 396LT1
the answer everyone is giving me is that they don't like burning chips and just don't have the software.
Sounds like you aren't going to very good tuners. I wouldn't use someone as a tuner if they are supposed to be professional tuners and they are too lazy to do something like burning a chip.
"Well you'll need a MAF sensor obviously, and also a 94+ harness and computer, and throttle body.

Also if the car is an auto you'll need a 4l60e tranny to work with the 94+ computer, or you'll have to figure out a way to get a 4l60 to work with it (not sure if that's possible). "
A 4l60 shouldn't be too hard to get working its essentially a M6 swap because the 4l60 isn't controlled by the computer.
Thanks,
I do have an M6 Tranny.
Thanks againg for the input.
You MIGHT need to change the sensors and solenoids out on the M6, check the part numbers between 94 and 93 to see. I think the 94 vehicle speed sensor is completely different between the two, which means youl'l need a 94 gauge cluster as well. Honestly you are best off staying with the 93 pcm. If you get a real tuner theres no reason to swap. Check out http://speeddensity.org/ and see if you can't find a real professional tuner there.

Quick Reply: Speed Density Conversion ?!