Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Finaly on the road again

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finaly on the road again

As soon as my car got home from the body shop I tore into it again. Swapping the Stainless Works LT's for stepped Kooks and adding a EWP as well as having to have new wires made for some burnt up ones. (fawking expensive). Still have to find out why the amp is sounding like its toast.
BUT I took it for a drive today for the first time since putting all the new stuff on and having 8 cylinders firing. The wires were toast on the drive home from the autobody shop and I didnt know. It wasnt running good and thought it was due to the 90/90 but it was due to 2 burnt wires.

SO anyway it went from and ls6 intake and 2.5 in collectors and y pipe to stepped kooks and a 90/90. You can hear the cam in the idle now. Can't wait to get to Toms and get the tune re-adjusted. Its got some surge to it now that needs to be tuned out.

I just took it for a quick 1 1/2 mile ride to warm it up. Almost got pulled over. Got on it from a stop and before I knew it I was doing 80. Looked up and there was a local cop coming in the other lane. I shut it down and braked hard. He looked over at me but didnt turn around. My tabs are expired as well. Doh!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** sounds like you got lucky that time, hey im from portland and i dont seem to see a whole lot of f-bods around this area much but wow you have some nice work done to your car i also just finished my 94z and have only got to take it out rice huntin a couple times haha !!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

Well the car is acting like it has a big cam in it under 2000rpms so it's back into Toms as soon as he has an opening. The car is definately a different beast now. From the idle to the power band it seems to be acting the way a big cam should.

Bad news is my amp is toast. It tore off the back wall and smashed against the t-top well. Now it sounds like it's trying to fry my speakers with no sound coming out. Insurance company told me to bring it by and they would cash me out on it. Depends on where they lo0k it sells from $350-$800. I just want the same amp again.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

Well Progressive bought my amp today for slightly more than I paid for it, already bought the replacement.