Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Questions B4 dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Questions B4 dyno.

So im ready to tune and dyno. I installed the d1sc 8 rib blower. my set of headers and ati damper. took it out for test runs to check pulley alignment. ( all seems good) I dont have the blower blowing into the motor yet. I dont want to mess something up without a tune. I just have the blower blowing on the ground. the shop is about 40 miles away. what would be the best way to get it there? is it ok for the blower to be blowing on the ground? does it need some kind of restance? Also what else shold i check b4 going to the dyno?

any tips would be great thanks.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wouldnt hurt it to drive it with the charge pipe of.Just make sure nothing gets up in the supercharger on the drive there.OOORRR you could just go ahead and put everything on and just dont get up into much boost if any on the drive there and you wont hurt the motor.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much boost can a bone stock motor and tune handle? i want to test it with everything connected but i dont want to chance it. I could drive it there keeping the motor under 3k rpm no problem. but wouldnt i make about 3 lbs of boost at that point? has anyone done this?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are running the stock timing table i wouldn't take it above 5lbs of boost

the stock timing table seems to be around 19* degrees... I'm currently running 16 on my turbo

but if you drive it normal you can do whatever the hell you want... it will be fine to get to the dyno