Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Spring time Mod bug, what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring time Mod bug, what to do...

I am currently running the parts listed in my sig. Untuned I am at 370RWHP. The car is at the shop now having a Spec 3+ installed due tho the fact that the stock clutch could not hold at the track.

I am thinking of the following three possible spring mods.

1, Dyno tune, I think I can get 390-400 with the existing setup.

2, Cam swap, go with something big, 23X/23X and 60X/60X.

3, Head swap, Patriot LS6's.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would drop the coin on an LG Motorsports H/C pkg. AFR 205 heads and your choice of an "X" series cam. You doing the work yourself? AFR heads are definately worth the money. So many people try to go cheap, then turn around and sell the heads they just bought a year later and buy the AFR's they should've bought originally. There are numerous graphs with setups listed showing the rwhp/rwtq listed in the results section of LGM's website. www.lgmotorsports.com Hope you find what you want, and good luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not an AFR guy, I'd do something like the TSP PRC Ls6 heads... and a nice cam. G5X3 or a TSP Magicstick are good choices. They are almost the same, although the magicstick is a hair larger. Get an underdrive pulley and new oil pump while you have it apart.

I'd go with the PRC over the patriots and the AFR are a waste in my opinion. 2x the money for maybe a lil more gain.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cam and heads are a little more expensive so depending on your spring budget I would get that bad boy tuned. It will also give you an idea if you are running lean with the headers and intake (I was). You will be happy with the gains and feel better knowing your A/F is good. Most shops offer a discounted or free tune with more mods so the money spent now won't be wasted if you wait and save for the H/c package. My$0.02

Quick Reply: Spring time Mod bug, what to do...