Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Official name of new vette?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official name of new vette?

I was just wondering what and if they have released the official name of the vette that will be s/c'd is it the blue devil stingray or I even heard it could possibly be z07?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as I know, it's still unkown...I don't know if they just haven't decided, or if they're just keeping quiet. I personally like "Stingray" or "SS" I'd like the SS to give the name SS more justice, as we've seen the overuse of the title SS on cars that have no business with it. Just my $02

Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like the SS also but I think the term was used so losely with GM with a number of vehicles cobalt, ssr, trailblazer, just to name a few. I'm not saying that these are bad cars just not the kind of cars that come to mind when I think of the term SS, to me the ss badge has been tarnished and truthfully I think the only way that they can bring it back is by stop using it on cars that are undeserving and just have it on the new camaro, I believe the camaro can rectify the SS badge once again.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

I like SS but I think stingray would be cool. The other I have heard and thought would be cool is bring back the ZR1 name plate. I have read that in one of the vette mags.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweetness
I like the SS also but I think the term was used so losely with GM with a number of vehicles cobalt, ssr, trailblazer, just to name a few. I'm not saying that these are bad cars just not the kind of cars that come to mind when I think of the term SS, to me the ss badge has been tarnished and truthfully I think the only way that they can bring it back is by stop using it on cars that are undeserving and just have it on the new camaro, I believe the camaro can rectify the SS badge once again.
while i do agree that the name sas overused, when i think of vehicles in which the 'SS' name was overused, those cars dont come to mind. I think more of the monta carlo, impala, and malibu, since they are all FWD and under 350 hp.

the SSR and TBSS at least use RWD and have 400 hp.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to name them as well but decided not to because they were some decent cars back in the day.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Stingray gets my vote.

Although the ZR1 will tie in some heritage, (and also make the older ZR1's more appealing) I still think calling this new beast the ZR1 would take off some of the shine.

I prefer Stingray as a more wicked nameplate.

I pray to GOD that GM doesn't call it the Corvette SS.