**ARRESTED** need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default **ARRESTED** need advice.

Hey all was wondering if I could get some advice about what happend to my dad today.

He was in carrollton going down trinity mills in one of his dealer cars he bought from another car lot this morning. He was going down the straight away and was approaching the train tracks so he slowed down, after he passed them a motorcycle cop pulled him over and started questioning about the dealer tags, my dad explained he owned a car lot. the cop then tells him he was going 59 in a 45. then asked for my dads license.. and my dad is from kuwait so his name is not american.. i will not reveal his name due to certain circumstances. then the cop asked him to step out of the car.. my dad cooperates and gets out. the cop then proceedes to ask him if he can search the car. There was no reason for the cop to ask this just for speeding and having dealer tags.. my dad tells him no, there is no reason and that the cop was harrassing him.

The cop then arrests him and tows the car .

then when we went to bail him out we asked the reaon for his arrest and they said he was arrested for having dealer tags... WTF!! so were all pretty pissed to hear this in my family and have contacted our lawyers.

what do you guys think? you think theres a case here? wrongful arrest or what?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
Hey all was wondering if I could get some advice about what happend to my dad today.

He was in carrollton going down trinity mills in one of his dealer cars he bought from another car lot this morning. He was going down the straight away and was approaching the train tracks so he slowed down, after he passed them a motorcycle cop pulled him over and started questioning about the dealer tags, my dad explained he owned a car lot. the cop then tells him he was going 59 in a 45. then asked for my dads license.. and my dad is from kuwait so his name is not american.. i will not reveal his name due to certain circumstances. then the cop asked him to step out of the car.. my dad cooperates and gets out. the cop then proceedes to ask him if he can search the car. There was no reason for the cop to ask this just for speeding and having dealer tags.. my dad tells him no, there is no reason and that the cop was harrassing him.

then when we went to bail him out we asked the reaon for his arrest and they said he was arrested for having dealer tags... WTF!! so were all pretty pissed to hear this in my family and have contacted our lawyers.

Damn towl heads. Just joking. LOL
Old 05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Yes there's a case, get a lawyer and fight it. Then file a lawsuit against the city/bitch *** cop.

Last edited by Kage; 05-09-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a case? Shhhhit. F*ck yeah. 59 in a 45 is hardly a reason for an arrest or having a dealer tags. Get a lawyer.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds pretty fishy to me. He was indeed speeding, but not warranting a ticket.

One time I allowed a search of my car (I have nothing to hide) and the guy searched it for an hour...popping the hood.. opened my airbox (Closed it wrong and nearly broke a clip...), opened all my cd cases... I don't blame him for saying no.

If he owns a car lot, did he not have any paperwork on the car?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

yes, bill of sale and everything, insurance etc
Old 05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Call the ACLU, problem solved.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SEBLS1
Damn towl heads. Just joking. LOL
damn white people just joking

it just saddens me because my dad is not in anyway a hostile guy. and didnt deserve this
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

call Al Sharpton....

wait...you're not black...nevermind.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

yea im not into that kinda stuff^^ lol, just asking if theres something there.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, given the last 5 years with all the attacks here in the U.S. and overseas, he says no to a car search, what do you think the cop is thinking?
I mean, the car has no plates, the man had a foriegn name... If I was the cop, I would do the same damn thing.. Sounds to me like the cop just did a search of the person and the car the hard way..
Prolly could have been avoided if the man would have said "Yea Officer, go ahead and search the car"...
Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Well, given the last 5 years with all the attacks here in the U.S. and overseas, he says no to a car search, what do you think the cop is thinking?
Sounds like a sorry excuse. The cop did get the man's valid license and insurance, all he had to do is run it if the person has prior arrest or any RECORD to give him a reasonable doubt that the car has something. If the guy has a record well, the cop have a reason for what he did then.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bene
Sounds like a sorry excuse. The cop did get the man's valid license and insurance, all he had to do is run it if the person has prior arrest or any RECORD to give him a reasonable doubt that the car has something. If the guy has a record well, the cop have a reason for what he did then.
O.k.... Let him go and park the car by your work then.

Rather be safe then sorry... No search of the car, detain the guy and tow the car in for a search... Simple.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

lol my dad has had one speeding ticket since 1979..

well now 2 i guess..
Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

lol my dad has had one speeding ticket since 1979..

well now 2 i guess..
He should be able to get out of it... Or maybe take defense driving. The Judge will look at his past and if all good, should get off pretty easy.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Launching!

^^^^^Waaaaay wrong bro (imo) There is a little something called human rights out there in case you never heard of em? If there was probable cause or anything shady going on I'll be the first one to say show no mercy, but if everything is everything and after a search rather allowed or not by the owner wtf I sense some profiling. If what this guy is saying is all the way true this is total bs (I also worked at a juvenile facility in Cali a way back) and let me tell you although I'm no cop (or never was) there is a lot of wrong crap that goes on where some abuse authority.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
O.k.... Let him go and park the car by your work then.
... Simple.
I don't think he'd be able to pass the front gate of military installation w/o any search or business to be there.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bene
I don't think he'd be able to pass the front gate of military installation w/o any search or business to be there.

O.k... so you are one of the few % of people that have a gaurded entry to work. But, most of us do not.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

wow, you coulda just the lottery
Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
^^^^^Waaaaay wrong bro (imo) There is a little something called human rights out there in case you never heard of em? If there was probable cause or anything shady going on I'll be the first one to say show no mercy, but if everything is everything and after a search rather allowed or not by the owner wtf I sense some profiling. If what this guy is saying is all the way true this is total bs (I also worked at a juvenile facility in Cali a way back) and let me tell you although I'm no cop (or never was) there is a lot of wrong crap that goes on where some abuse authority.
Thats **** happens all the time, you say no to a search of the vehicle, you are going to be detained and get it searched the hard way. Either by dogs, get it towed, etc...

The cop had suspicion (SP) which was the paper plates... Hell, I am a 32 year old white guy from Texas and it has happened with me before. I said go right on ahead, the cop searched, found nothing and even let me out of the ticket...

So, I guess the Mexican cop was profiling me? I seriously freakin doubt it!

Im glad the cop did what he did.