Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Disable alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disable alarm

I need to disable the factory alarm on a 99 t/a. I had just had an aftermarket viper alarm put on and the two are conflicting with each other. I tried a search but its not working, can someone help me turn that joker off for good!?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

Well the installer should have tagged into the existing system to turn it off with the aftermarket alarm, or programmed the old sensors OFF. you can do this using your key in the ignition and taking out the radio fuse. The exact directions are under the FAQ.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 AM
On The Tree

I had best buy do the install and they said there was no way to turn the factory alarm completely off otherwise they would have done it. I figure anything can be done, I looked for this under the "FAQ" didnt see anything relating to my issue, just monsoon anti-theft stuff. Could u post a link or give me more detail as to exactly what needs to be done, thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Never trust Best Buy - many of their installers are lucky to find their way to work in the morning.

Here's a link to the alarm programming instructions: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....15&postcount=5
Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Thanks alot whitebird, im gonna give this a shot, looks to be exactly what I need!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

OK,so I was able to disable the factory alarm but I still have a weird problem. When I lock the doors with my aftermarket alarm key fob I can only unlock the door with that same key fob within 10 seconds of locking it otherwise it will not open. The only way to unlock the door is with the original factory fob or with the key. Any ideas? I would take it back to bestbuy which I have like twice but they said my vehicle was to "complex" lol
Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Like most recent GM models, the BCM in an f-body "goes to sleep" after about 10 seconds. This is a battery saving feature. The BCM "wakes up" when any one of several events happen: opening a door, unlocking with the key fob, or turning on the ignition. The instructions for most aftermarket alarm systems cover work-arounds for this situation and good installers will know all about it (kind of proves my point about Best Buy installers ). Basically, you wire an accessory pulse output from the aftermarket alarm to one of the input sensors of the BCM to fool it into waking up when you disarm the alarm.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

can anyone recommend a shop in houston that could do this for me? I would do it myself but I dont wanna screw around with an alarm that I know nothing about which is why I took it to "professionals" in the first place