Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Valve train people.... Come inside!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve train people.... Come inside!!!!

OK I have read post after post on this ticking thing . I to have this problem with a tr224 cam and 7.425 pushrods.
Everything i read is people say pushrods are not long enough. But when they go to fix the end up going shorter pushrods and makes it better. Then everyone is like no no that is not possible. So ******* lost here!

Would a pushrod bottoming out the lifter cause this sound?

A tr224 cam has a .030 smaller base cirlcle . so by alrights the 7.425 should be money and with no tick .

The tick I have is hardly heard at start up .Only when i get some heat in the motor. So lead me to believe that heat is causing expansion and making the sound?

The sound is constant doesnt get louder or softer just more constant as the motor revs.
I have great oil pressure and car runs good , but I'll be damn if i am gonna just let the **** go like most people do. It wasnt the way before the cam so I dont want it that way after the cam .

I put 918 springs long tube headers on aswell. I understand the yes it should be louder.

Is anyone in here running this cam and pushrod combo or what is the pushrood length you are tunning with your tr224 cam .