Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

questions about HIGH end detailing products...??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default questions about HIGH end detailing products...??

well, ever since iv been worken on my cars iv always just used the normal meguires waxes and what ever to finish up a detail... well i buffed and polished my car at work and it came out really good but id still like to do a nice long detail on my car i think im going to buy a PC because i like the idea of the dual action so it wont leave swirls or as much at least... i think i might paint my car this summer also so if i do that and it being black i would like to use some good stuff on it.... now i see this tropi-care stuff on this site and iv heard good things about zaino.... do you use zaino with a PC or machine buffer or is it all by hand... does anybody know if zaino products are safe for fresh paint... I.E. contain no silicones or sealants....?? long story short my car is black and black sucks i want it to look like glass whats your guys testimonies on these products...
Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The PC will help you accomplish results you could never dream of achieving by hand. In addition, it is safe for the beginner or novice to remove many minor surface blemishes such as swirl marks or holograms.

Check out our TCPC-10 kit at www.tropi-care.com. This kit is available for less than $175 delivered.

Feel free to contact us with any questions to steve@tropi-care.com.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i machine buff at work all the time with a dewalt high speed... but i dont like the swirls that it leaves on black and dark colors even tho they are minor i think the PC may be the solution...
Old 05-24-2007, 07:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You are correct.

Are you using wool or foam pads to finish down with the Dewalt? For foam, what color pads?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

If going to be re-painting your car, don't worry about swirls and scratches. Save your money for the best paint job you can afford and just try your hardest to keep it swirl free with quality microfiber or 100% cotton towels. Do your hardest not to scratch it during washes and all that good stuff. This is a pic of my car 6 months after paint and before a PC ever touched it. Only polishes I used were Meguier's applied by hand.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i use a wool pad for compound, then a black egg-crate type pad for polish, then a blue egg-crate for swirl remover... all 3m products... and for the other guy well... paint will be cheap for me since ill do all my own body work and painting becuase i work for a body shop... i was just looking into some of the higher end detail products that people offer becuase the stuff we use at work all though looks great and deff meets the guidlines it has too...its still not show car quality...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got the TropiCare package as a group purchase which is still being offered. Using the yellow pad with the light cut/swirl remover, you can get 90% of the paint defects out on the first pass. Following up on a few tricky areas will get them all, at least all those that a buffer can fix, some deep scratches require painting. Following up with 2 passes of the polish/sealant TC-3 with an orange pad left me stunned. My car is 7 yrs old, has 81K on it, and the paint has never looked so good as it does now that I hit it with the PC buffer and TropiCare products.

Quick Reply: questions about HIGH end detailing products...??