Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone use non-sponsor.com to buy stereo stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone use non-sponsor.com to buy stereo stuff?

Did a search for a deck that I want and this place has it for $370.00. It's the JVC KDAVX33 crutchfield list it for $599.99.

Last edited by Richiec77; 06-01-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Teching In

the best site ive found online for car audio is (non-sponsor link removed)

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 05-27-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crutchfield is always more expensive anyway. Ebay is slightly higher on that price so I'd say if your comfortable with the company that's selling it the price is definetely right. I have an AVX1 and love it. I only paid $299.00 for it new.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea Crutchfield is usually more expensive and bad for comparison....but after seeing that it's cheaper at the site you found compared to 3 other well known discount sites -- I will have to check them out more. Nice find.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt..
Old 05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt..
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM

hey sheiks did you ordered it ? i've sent you an e-mail
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No I haven't ordered it yet. I was going to from that same site but couldn't find anything on them so I've decided to wait. Plus crutchfield didn't have any ratings on it yet so I think the deck is extremely new and I want to see what people think of it before I buy it. Keep me informed.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Are there any sponsors that sell audio equipment? If not, why were these links taken down?

Anyways, PM'd the poster.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BEWARE charlesrg ordered from the site and has yet to recieve his stereo. That is the reason I asked people here about the site. I will respond to all pm's however beware of the site. Hopefully charlesrg will keep us informed on this situation.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
Are there any sponsors that sell audio equipment? If not, why were these links taken down?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3

I agree - I'm confused on the rules of posting sites now.... I think in this case it was because the title of the thread included the website. Otherwise, as long as you post something in a thread as carAUDIOsite.com (without www.) so that it doesn't LINK the website -- I think you're fine?? If you do link, I think if you link directly to a product you are generally safe (maybe repost this thread with a link to the actual product and ask something like "what do you think of this JVC unit and the price here? has anyone bought from this site?".....or something)...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

no i thought that non sponsor names were not allowed to put on. iono read the stickies and itll tell u
Old 06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 226 Posts

Sometimes I'm uncertain as well. Basically, we are told that non-sponsor links are not allowed under any circumstance. However, generally a link to a product on a manufacturer's website for specs/illustration purposes is okay - retail vendor's sites are frowned upon although Crutchfield is sometimes used as a reference because they have good information even though they're not known for necessarily having the best price. Asking if a vendor is a good place to buy is a borderline situation - we want members to get information to help them make buying decisions but we certainly don't want to promote a non-sponsor over a sponsor. So answers like "they treated me well" or "they ripped me off" are good but something like "buy from this non-sponsor vendor because they have the best price" could be a problem.

Whether or not a particular product is sold by a sponsor is problematic. We generally don't know every product sold by every sponsor so we tend to remove links to avoid that possibility. Also, sponsors and their products change regularly but these threads are available for search (...most of the time) for a long time. So what isn't available from a sponsor today might be next month.

I know it can be confusing (and even annoying) but the sponsors are what keep this board running. They do that with their advertising but the best advertising is word-of-mouth so thread content is very important.

If you have questions about a specific situation, please ask and we'll get clarification for you.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ebay vendors are the best deal I've found on audio equiptment by far. Some days the product you want isnt listed or at the price you want so you have to wait and shop on ebay just like any other store.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A used pink bathrobe, a rare mint snowglobe, a Smurf TV tray I bought on Ebay~
Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dragonrage
A used pink bathrobe, a rare mint snowglobe, a Smurf TV tray I bought on Ebay~
You forgot to mention your bunny slippers. J/K man but I couldn't resist, lol.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Just to give you guys an update, I STILL DIDN'T RECEIVED ANY FEEDBACK FROM THEM.
I've called several times, tried contacting and messaging, on the phone I always get voicemail. Poor choice I Have done. No product and the money was sent through google checkout, google checkout doesn't show me a way to complain, I'm going to try again, paypal would protect me better. If I cannot get google to dispute I will go str8 to the cc company.
Basically BluelagoonUsa looks very fake to me.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by charlesrg
Just to give you guys an update, I STILL DIDN'T RECEIVED ANY FEEDBACK FROM THEM.
I've called several times, tried contacting and messaging, on the phone I always get voicemail. Poor choice I Have done. No product and the money was sent through google checkout, google checkout doesn't show me a way to complain, I'm going to try again, paypal would protect me better. If I cannot get google to dispute I will go str8 to the cc company.
Basically BluelagoonUsa looks very fake to me.
does google checkout use credit cards like paypal? If so, no need to worry. Talk to the credit card company.

Whatever you buy, always use your credit card. They dispute your claim for you and always get your money back if you never receive the item.