Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What causes this to happen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What causes this to happen?

I have a TSP Torquer v2 112lsa, headers, ORY, pulley, tune, LS6 intake, SFCs, and new textralia clutch.

Problem for me is when I let out the clutch, sometimes the the whole engine and tranny shake so bad back and forth that that the y-pipe gets to bangin. I was beginning to wonder if my motor and tranny mounts are too spongey or broken. It doesn't happen all the time but I get some vibration letting out the clutch most of the time. It's just that sometimes the vibration is minimal and other times it's like a earth quake and my y-pipe bangs.

Is my clutch mis adjusted? Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:51 AM
wrencher

Lots of things can cause that. The low RPM & high resistance to getting the car moving with a bigg lopping cam for instance.
Or a big cam'd car with stock 3.42's.
It is likely more of the fact that the motor is lugging getting going. If you slipped the clutch more it would be less. But you clutch wear would increase.
It is up to indivdual preference in driving a manual trans.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like clutch chatter....my spec stage 3 does it too. I just take off a little quicker
Old 05-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wrencher
Lots of things can cause that. The low RPM & high resistance to getting the car moving with a bigg lopping cam for instance.
Or a big cam'd car with stock 3.42's.
It is likely more of the fact that the motor is lugging getting going. If you slipped the clutch more it would be less. But you clutch wear would increase.
It is up to indivdual preference in driving a manual trans.

Ok. I could do 3.73s but not wanting to go to 4.10s really. I just don't feel like shifting that much. Don't know about low RPM when I let the clutch out. I've been practically chirping and lurching forward letting it out now.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by can'tfindausername
sounds like clutch chatter....my spec stage 3 does it too. I just take off a little quicker
I hear ya. I've been experimenting with my normal driving take offs. Trying to find a sweet spot. I've got about 350 miles on the clutch and it is smoothing out a bit. However, there's that once awhile vibration and y-pipe bang.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

When I'm at a stand still it vibrates like that, not when i'm driving. I know all about the vibration from letting out the clutch and I only have a 224 cam.

But when I just sit and rev the motor it seems to vibrate more than usual maybe it's just me though....
Old 05-27-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would think motor mounts?
Old 05-27-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

well, whats happening is either A) clutch chatter or B) not enough torque where ur tryng to take off from or C) both
Old 05-29-2007, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

It not only when I'm taking off. I will sit still and just rev the motor. No movement at all from the car. Just me revving the motor, not letting out the clutch.

So what would cause vibration like that when I'm not even moving?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

mines doing the same thing, its violent as hell sometimes. If i quickly let out the clutch tho it wont do it, so im chirping the tires constantly now, lol. But i would also like to know what this is. When ive heard of people talking about chatter i didnt get the impression it was that bad, so im not sure if its chatter. Only does it from a stop, shifter gears it fine
Old 05-29-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GR8GAME
It not only when I'm taking off. I will sit still and just rev the motor. No movement at all from the car. Just me revving the motor, not letting out the clutch.

So what would cause vibration like that when I'm not even moving?
Sounds like you have a completely different problem (assuming its not just in your head), might wanna start your own thread...that sorta vibration could be anything
Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Just give it more gas after letting the clutch out. When you rev the car up and it shakes and bangs, scream bloody murder and see what the people next to you do.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

I just got my textralia in and its doing the exact same thing. seems to go away when i give it more rpms and slip the clutch. will this go away after time?

Quick Reply: What causes this to happen?