Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI Build sheets

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FI Build sheets

Here is my estimate as to what each one will cost me using stock internals.

Keep in mind this doesn't include shipping costs, taxes and various install costs that I might not be able to tackle on my own.

Feel free to add to my lists if anything is missing.

I added the cam and supporting stuff because i think adding a double roller timing chain and oil pump is a good idea. Since i would have the font tore off i might as well do the cam and everything else.

The 98+ Corvette option is looking a little better now.

After staring at numbers so long they loose their meaning of actual cost and are just numbers. My wife saw the build sheets and told me to get a vette instead, at least it wouldn't be such a money pit and be worth more.

PROCHARGER Build

I haven't found a decent affordable single turbo kit, anyone have a link to one?

APS Twin Turbo Build
Old 06-01-2007, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

jump on the APS kit now and save $1000.00....

a vette wont be a money pit?!?!!?! lmao...they are all money pits my friend...even the family mini-van becomes a money pit at some point in its existance.

if i put something like this together and looked at it....id **** a brick.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:19 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats probably about right, but dont forget you are getting an SFI damper with the procharger along with plug wire and thermostat and thats installed out the door and running.

Either way add a couple thousand for misc stuff and thats a pretty realistic estimate for a basic FI setup

Depends what you want, a stock vette that anyone can go and buy or a cool piece of personalized automotive art that you dont see 20 of parked in the mall on a biusy day.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

OFI SS Single 76 LS1 A2A kit $5999.95
Ceramic Coating $425.00
HP Tuners 2 bar OS $600
Pick a wideband w/ gauge $400
#60 injectors $500
Fuel pump $400
Optional - Boost referenced FPR $250
Boost gauge - $100

That would be enough to get your car going, my car still has a oem 10 bolt and it has not broke yet, I would try and break things down into smaller batches like Turbo&Fuel&Tuning system, Forged internals, Suspension

Last edited by Boostaholic; 06-01-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure i'll keep the car and go FI.
Can't customize the vettes looks as much as you can do with an fbody either.

What am i missing on the turbo kit? I always thought a turbo setup was more expensive by more then that.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Freak-

What am i missing on the turbo kit? I always thought a turbo setup was more expensive by more then that.
Not really missing anyting on either, but there is always nickel and dime stuff that will end up costing a couple thousand more for both of them. like may as well doa good flexplate, misc fuel fittings, new mounts etc, all that stuff adds up.

Plus add on how much in a hurry you are and how available these parts are. I have no real preference for blowers or turbos, they bothe achieve the same thing in the end. But I am one impatient person and wont wait 6 months for either
Old 06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you mean like adding another $1500 on in rims and tires to get the new HP/TQ to the ground?

I'm the same way when ordering stuff. I expect it on my door step within 2 weeks.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
kp
8 Second Club

you mean like adding another $1500 on in rims and tires to get the new HP/TQ to the ground?

I'm the same way when ordering stuff. I expect it on my door step within 2 weeks.
You didnt say anything about getting the power to the ground, add another 4K for suspenstion, wheels/tires, and misc 10 second safety equipment if you are going to the track with it. And you still are on a stock short block, somethimes its better tio just go buy one thats already done
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, I WISH i would have thought about that a year ago before a i bought this one.
although i don't think there are many BGM blown or turbo camaros around.

I've got basic chasis and suspension stuff right now. SFC, LCA relocation brackets, panhard. I like the twisties and ocasional friendly drag race in the boonies.

KP, what are you running for a setup?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
kp
8 Second Club

yeah, I WISH i would have thought about that a year ago before a i bought this one.
although i don't think there are many BGM blown or turbo camaros around.

I've got basic chasis and suspension stuff right now. SFC, LCA relocation brackets, panhard. I like the twisties and ocasional friendly drag race in the boonies.

KP, what are you running for a setup?
Pretty much everything is listed in the link in my sig, few things have changed here and there there but most of it is accurate.

Dont see many green ones thats for sure.

Quick Reply: FI Build sheets