Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ok got remote speed bleeder. Best way to bleed clutch with it..on person still ok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ok got remote speed bleeder. Best way to bleed clutch with it..on person still ok?

So how to I use this new speed bleeder with one person?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it doesnt have like a speed bleeder you need two people.. push peddle, hold.. crack line.. tighten.. release peddle slowly .. same as the brakes

unless the line is long enough to put the line back in the resevoir, then you just put it in there and pump to cycle all the air out
Old 06-01-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

What kind of bleeder did you buy? Motive, Mityvac?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a remote line and thought speed bleeder but as said it don't seem to be working very good. I did drill mod so got air in the line and didn't bench bleed it.
Also will the pedal come up with a broken clutch spring? No idea how light this tex twin is supposed to be either.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dj92GTA
unless the line is long enough to put the line back in the resevoir, then you just put it in there and pump to cycle all the air out
PLEASE don't do that. Never re-use brake fluid. The fluid that comes out is most likely contaminated or holding small pockets of air. Brake fluid is very inexpensive... do it right the first time and use fresh.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj92GTA
if it doesnt have like a speed bleeder you need two people.. push peddle, hold.. crack line.. tighten.. release peddle slowly .. same as the brakes

Crack line, then push pedal, then hold pedal down and tighten line, then release slowly to draw from the resevoir.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my bleed with 2 people once we installed the extension. I opened the bleeder, my buddy pumped, and I closed. I also watched the fluid level as my bleeder is run up next to the resevoir. Piece of cake this way.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

I used a Motive bleeder on the master (pressurized to 10psi only), and then submerged the end of the slave extension in brake fluid and cracked and waited for the bubbles to stop - no pumping required. It was really quick.

Quick Reply: Ok got remote speed bleeder. Best way to bleed clutch with it..on person still ok?