PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MANY Questions (93 EPROM, Data logging, TunerPro R/T users?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MANY Questions (93 EPROM, Data logging, TunerPro R/T users?)

Can I get an EEPROM and swap it in for my EPROM and then tune like 94+ can, w/o having to swap the chip in/out every time?

What all does Data Logging do? Does it tell what sensors are doing, if they're working right or not, etc? What do I do with the info obtained from logging?

I used TunerPro to tune my 91 TPI and 93 LT1, and my friend with a 94 Corvette wants me to tune his. Since I know how to run TunerPro, and R/T is free, was wonder what peoples thoughts were. How well is its Data Logging feature? On that note, what exactly is the difference from one logger to the next, from free apps to the ones that cost to use?

I noticed the FAQs were a bit LS1 biased, so hopefully this isn't your standard newbie question :\
Old 06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get eprom emulators for you're 93 that will allow real time tuning with Tuner Pro RT or Tuner CAT RT without having to remove the PROM to program it.

or

There was a device over at www.thirdgen.org that was made that could do real time tuning on the $8D (tune port) vehicle definition through the ALDL port, but only worked on one specific ECM & definition. Internal ECM modifications were needed as well, but only cost about $50 to do it.

Other then that you will be pulling the PROM to program it.

Most the dataloggers will show sensor data, fuel trim, and log ot a CSV format compatible with micorosoft Excel. If you don't have a DTC set, you will have to determin if they are working correctly, the software won't tell you that.

Most loggers do about the same thing, TTS Datamaster is great and worth the money to buy, I belive Freescan works with the 93 LT1 as well too.

good luck, hope this helps you out.

Quick Reply: MANY Questions (93 EPROM, Data logging, TunerPro R/T users?)