Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT installation question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT installation question

hey guys i just got some LTs and an ORy for my car. its a 98 ws6. I live in New york, and i have my inspectors liscense so visual/sniffer testing i will not have to deal with. Only obd II. I just inspected the car yesterday so im good for a year until i know what to do with the SES light. Anyway for my question...the headers i got are jet hot lt's, but im not sure for what year. They have the two o2 bungs, and on the passenger side header there is 1 bung on the first primary, and 1 bung on the 2nd primary on the drivers side header. Will these work with my 98 emissions systems? And if not, what types of adapters and stuff will i need to delete the emissions systems.

*note i read the sticky, but confused myself ha.

Also, i need the two, 3 bolt gaskets for the collectors/ypipe...are these something i can get through a parts store, or am i going to need to order them.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

On the 98-00 headers with AIR and EGR there should be 2 bungs on the passenger side header, 1 for the AIR and 1 for the EGR. I think you may have the 01-02 headers with AIR only, no EGR. If so this may be a good time to upgrade to an LS6 intake and remove the EGR system.

Last edited by tacklebox; 06-05-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id say jsut ditch your emissions stuff and have it all tuned out and not worry with it
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tainted
id say jsut ditch your emissions stuff and have it all tuned out and not worry with it
i would do this, but what is required to remove the egr/air systems? What block offs/plates, etc do i need?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by delsold
i would do this, but what is required to remove the egr/air systems? What block offs/plates, etc do i need?
pulling it all out and suing block off plates. I left mine in, I figure if I see the car, they will still be there if the next owner wants to have them. So I didn't pull anything out, just took an old piece of metal I had drilled some holes and covered up the air holes. I don't have EGR for my year, but if I did I would have just left it installed, I only disconnected the air to keep those one way valves from being used all the time, so I unplugged the harness to the air pump located on drivers side right in back of headlight, so it doesn't come on.
I personally see no reason not to hook them up as they help the cats light up quicker-if you don't have them, then just get block off plates.

Far as the 3 bolt header collector gaskets-you can get them from any store-but get the aluminum ones-they won't burn out like the paper and then you won't have to go down there in the middle of winter if your unlucky to change them.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks!