Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers **AWESOME**

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007 | 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Default American Racing Headers **AWESOME**

Well got to say that the headers I got from American Racing were the best looking, best fitting and so far the best running headers I have ever seen or used, bar none. I took some pics but havent gotten em loaded yet, will do so soon. The people there are TOP notch to work with, and very professional and polite. Willing to go out of their way to answer ?s and give advise.

I ordered a set of 1 7/8s stainless longtubes to replace the 6 month old coated pacesetters that were on there which were lossing their coating and rusting through. Not to mention I think a blown 408 is reason enough to switch from 1 3/4s to the larger 1 7/8s. The merge was absolutely beautiful and the Y-pipe what can I say but fantastic!!!!! They even welded on a 4 inch y-pipe merge pipe to the rear of the Y for me to mate up to my custom mandrel bent 4 in single pipe. As it was installed , not only did it slip in like butter, even easier than the pacesetters which have a smaller pipe, but it looked as if it was custom made for my car. Car sounds so much better and if seat of the pants is any indication I feel that a gain of 50+ RWHP is not out of the ? dyno is tomarrow so we shall see.

Thanks to the guys and gal haha at American racing for a set of beautiful headers and great customer service you'll be in my book to use again.!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:12 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bandit1
Well got to say that the headers I got from American Racing were the best looking, best fitting and so far the best running headers I have ever seen or used, bar none. I took some pics but havent gotten em loaded yet, will do so soon. The people there are TOP notch to work with, and very professional and polite. Willing to go out of their way to answer ?s and give advise.

I ordered a set of 1 7/8s stainless longtubes to replace the 6 month old coated pacesetters that were on there which were lossing their coating and rusting through. Not to mention I think a blown 408 is reason enough to switch from 1 3/4s to the larger 1 7/8s. The merge was absolutely beautiful and the Y-pipe what can I say but fantastic!!!!! They even welded on a 4 inch y-pipe merge pipe to the rear of the Y for me to mate up to my custom mandrel bent 4 in single pipe. As it was installed , not only did it slip in like butter, even easier than the pacesetters which have a smaller pipe, but it looked as if it was custom made for my car. Car sounds so much better and if seat of the pants is any indication I feel that a gain of 50+ RWHP is not out of the ? dyno is tomarrow so we shall see.

Thanks to the guys and gal haha at American racing for a set of beautiful headers and great customer service you'll be in my book to use again.!!!!!
Hi
Congradulations. Is it an ORY or cat Y and how is the ground clearance?
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Mine is an ORY and ground clearance is actually better than with the old set up which really did shock me as well as the side clearance and distance from the wires that usually get fried is better all around a much better fit!!! Here are some of the lousey phone camera pics I will upload the better digital camera pics as soon as I find my cable.
Attached Thumbnails American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-pic041307_1.jpg   American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-pic041307_2.jpg   American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-pic041307_3.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007 | 09:57 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Mine is an ORY and ground clearance is actually better than with the old set up which really did shock me as well as the side clearance and distance from the wires that usually get fried is better all around a much better fit!!! Here are some of the lousey phone camera pics I will upload the better digital camera pics as soon as I find my cable.
Hi

Thanks, I will be waiting for the other photos. Looks great so far.

JA
Old 04-14-2007 | 12:51 AM
TECH Regular

where did you get theses
Old 04-14-2007 | 04:13 AM
11 Second Club

directly from american they had em ready for me even with the custom changes i wanted done the very next day they went out and they fit perfect couldnt have been better
Old 04-14-2007 | 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

American Racing Headers without a doubt builds the best headers and has the best customer service bar none!

I still cannot say enough about them and their product
Congrats!
Old 04-15-2007 | 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

I couldnt agree with ya more hahaha
Old 04-15-2007 | 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Please post both numbers from dyno runs with pacesetters and with these.
Old 04-15-2007 | 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Very interested in these. I'll be waiting for more pics of the fitment and the Y-pipe. Can you PM me the link to where you got these from?
Old 04-15-2007 | 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Krab
Very interested in these. I'll be waiting for more pics of the fitment and the Y-pipe. Can you PM me the link to where you got these from?
x2 would like to know also
Old 04-15-2007 | 10:58 PM
Tech Resident

i hope a sponsor starts stocking this brand of headers. they seem like a very promising product. they look very nice, and i'd love to see how they stack up against the more popular kooks and QTP headers, not to mention the often underrated dynatechs and stainless works headers which seem to be very nice, too.
Old 04-16-2007 | 06:32 AM
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

More pics of the y-pipe please
Old 04-16-2007 | 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dyno results???
Old 04-16-2007 | 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like a nice header. had to laugh at the 50hp butt gain tho
Old 04-16-2007 | 12:25 PM
On The Tree

i agree! i got my ar's in 2 weeks ago. 1 7/8 big collectors and tue 3' y pipe. im waitin for my stroker motor to get here to finally get them on. i will post pics and results as soon as i do. but honestly ive owned qtp hvmc headers back around 3 years ago and they are a super nice header so i was worried of goin w/ someone else. but man once i got these in and saw them for myself. they have my vote. the headers themselves are just as nice if not nicer than the qtp's and the y pipe is no comparison. ar's in my opinion has the BEST ypipe goin for fbody's. not to mention nick and his crew over their will go outta their way to help you out. top notch!!
Old 04-16-2007 | 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

HPE is a sponsor and stocks their headers.
Old 04-16-2007 | 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Like I posted eariler you can do a google search for american racing and then just call them yourself. I was more than shocked today when they called me just to ask how I liked them and do a follow up, come on how many companies acually "care" ???? This just put them at the top of my list for best customer service ever!! I mean most companies just want your money and hope that your happy the guy took the time out of his busy day just to call me and ask if there was anything wrong, was fitment good, how did they perform, and if there was anything else he could do for me. That to me is worth the money I paid right there.

Got to the dyno but because of certain issues in keeping my new numbers a sercret from locals I could not dyno but will do so soon. I promise that the results will be impressive as I can assure you I gained a significant amount!!!! Even gained torque down low whcih i had expected to lose but to my amazement it went up.

Still looking for my cord but I will get it and download the pic from my camera today even if I have to go buy a new cord. Sorry for the delay.

But if anyone is thinking of getting new longtubes you CANNOT go wrong with the customer service, product quality, and results you will get from the american racing headers and Y. I was thinking of the kooks and the QTPS but after seing that kooks are suddenly redesigning their headers with the introduction of the ARs. My buddy told me he replaced a year old set of 17/8s QTPs with a new set of 1 7/8s ARs about a month ago and he gained 37 rwhp without a tune. He has since gotten a tune and hasnt been back to the dyno but says it feels even faster now. So the decision was pretty easy for me.
Old 04-16-2007 | 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Like I posted eariler you can do a google search for american racing and then just call them yourself. I was more than shocked today when they called me just to ask how I liked them and do a follow up, come on how many companies acually "care" ???? This just put them at the top of my list for best customer service ever!! I mean most companies just want your money and hope that your happy the guy took the time out of his busy day just to call me and ask if there was anything wrong, was fitment good, how did they perform, and if there was anything else he could do for me. That to me is worth the money I paid right there.

Got to the dyno but because of certain issues in keeping my new numbers a sercret from locals I could not dyno but will do so soon. I promise that the results will be impressive as I can assure you I gained a significant amount!!!! Even gained torque down low whcih i had expected to lose but to my amazement it went up.

Still looking for my cord but I will get it and download the pic from my camera today even if I have to go buy a new cord. Sorry for the delay.

But if anyone is thinking of getting new longtubes you CANNOT go wrong with the customer service, product quality, and results you will get from the american racing headers and Y. I was thinking of the kooks and the QTPS but after seing that kooks are suddenly redesigning their headers with the introduction of the ARs. My buddy told me he replaced a year old set of 17/8s QTPs with a new set of 1 7/8s ARs about a month ago and he gained 37 rwhp without a tune. He has since gotten a tune and hasnt been back to the dyno but says it feels even faster now. So the decision was pretty easy for me.
+37rwhp??? Going from QTP's to AR??? I don't know about that. You don't even get near that much hp going from stock manifolds to long tubes.
Old 04-16-2007 | 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But if anyone is thinking of getting new longtubes you CANNOT go wrong with the customer service, product quality, and results you will get from the american racing headers and Y.
Definitely, amazing product from an equally amazing company...just awesome!

For those who keep asking who sells American Racing Headers...
You can easily search for their website and purchase directly from them. Ofcourse standing behind LS1Tech sponsors is awesome as well, there are a few LS1Tech sponsors on ARH's website whom are ARH dealers. Some of which are...

LM Performance
Synergy Motorsports