Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx accessory bracket setups

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx accessory bracket setups

Alright, I asked this question on another forum and didn't receive much of a response, so I'm asking here.

"Hey guys, I've finally bought my LS1 for my project. It is going to be quite a while before it is completed, but I'm collect information and parts now. Anyway, now that I have the motor, I'm looking for different braket setups for the engine accessories. I know there was a web site that offered some different setups, does anyone know what it is? I'll probably be keeping my A/C compressor on there but it is of no priority. I'm probably trying to move everything up and in on the motor. If you could provide pictures of your accessory setup, that would be excellent.

Thanx."

So far, this is all I have:
-Welcome to Street and Performance
Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well. S&P is a good start, other vendor and sponser on this forum market Accessories and brackets. ATS is one as there are others. Many have also fab'd up there own mounts and brackets.

Questions:
Did you get any accessories with the engine?
what car / truck is it going into?
do you have any x-member or steering items that may cause contact with the accessories ?
Are you using power steering ?
What Intake are you using or going to use.. as if it is a truck one, it could cause you to rethink which accessories and mounts you have to use.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Teching In

It's going into an S-10. I have purchased an LS1 from a 98 C5, it appears it was an A4 it was hooked up to. It comes with no accessories, so I'm flexible for getting smaller versions and stuff. I do plan on running the power steering. The steering is not an issue, and I'm solving the X-Member problem by going dry sump. I'm going to be using the stock LS1 intake.

I have done alot of research on this conversion and know I can do it without any problems, my only issue is that I want to consolidate the accessories as much as I can, and I don't want to alter my frame. So far(from just research) I can get everything to clear except for the A/C, I would have to knotch the passenger side frame. Thats why I'm trying to look at every option, and will probably end up making my own kit. Any information about mounting kits would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a S&P set-up that clears the AC without modifying the frame. They moved the AC compressor forward, and use one belt to run all the assy's. They also built a new style bracket so the PS pump clears the gear box.

Heres a couple pics....

Ron
Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Is that a first gen S-truck? Because I thought on the second gen, you had to notch the side frame rail for the A/C, not the X-member.

Sorry, I should have specified that earlier, I have a second gen S-10.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No, its a 71 Chevelle (see sig). I just thought the same set-up might work in your truck. AC compressor to the PS pump is 21" wide. How much room do you have between your frame rails?

Ron

Quick Reply: LSx accessory bracket setups