Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSRA...gggone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSRA...gggone!

Yep, I tore the sum bitch off pulling out of my driveway, I put my Prostars on(from my 18s Y2K) so that droped my car like a inch more after already being lowered it was to low!!! I drove slow in a angle still rip, I guess I'll have to find a band-aid for it.lol
Old 06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

That's one of the avantages of the FTRA. It tucks up under the car so it is not prone to being broken in that fashion.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fix it then. lil bit of glue should do it. from what ive read and argued the SSRA is very nice, so no point in just throwing it out unless its totally gone with no hope of fixing it
Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A similar thing happened to me. Except I did it on a parking curb. I just wasn't paying attention, and now it's messed up. I pulled off the lower piece, and I need to make repairs. The upper piece is still on the car, but it's damaged as well. the panels broke along the seams, so it shouldn't be difficult to repair, I just need to get out and do it.

The SSRA is definately worth fixing, though. I think it's the best off the shelf ram air available.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:34 AM
TECH Junkie

pulled to close to an unusually high curb once...knew better...oh well.

pulled the bottom of the SSRA off and split some of the seams. put it back together with some PVC glue and it dried up perfectly. nice and sturdy.

the scoop on the SSRA is well worth it over the FTRA design...in my opinion.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

I hit a Wheel and Tire that fell off a guys trailor this weekend doing 45 or 50. It did 3K worth of damage to my car, but my SSRA is still in shape............wish I could say the same for the rest of the front.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

yeah theres been a few times i was late for work and i'm like speeding around the parking lot and as soon as i approach a space (they have fairly high curbs) i realize i have the ssra and have to like slam on my brakes so i dont accidentally knock it off. but that little sacrifice is well worth having (in my opinion) the best under car cai kit out there.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teke184
the scoop on the SSRA is well worth it over the FTRA design...in my opinion.
That's why I'm going with the SSRA and not the FTRA.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
That's why I'm going with the SSRA and not the FTRA.
Considering the upper portion of the units are almost identical, we highly doubt you will see any power difference between the two products. Both products draw air from a high pressure source on the vehicle.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

FTRa and the SSRA creator had a nice cat-fight in one of my threads, yall should look it up

its called BGRA vs SSRA

actually here, did the work for yall!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=598828&page=1
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
Considering the upper portion of the units are almost identical, we highly doubt you will see any power difference between the two products. Both products draw air from a high pressure source on the vehicle.
i cant believe that no one has done a ftra vs ssra dyno/track test yet to settle this thing. but even if the ssra is only worth like 3 more hp it justifies the slight price difference.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

it probably wouldn't show up on a dyno...since it's not moving air (or minimal with a big fan).

seems like one of the guys on cz28 did a track test with his setup. ran several times with the SSRA fully in place (all very consistent times). then removed the lower scoop...making it VERY similar to the FTRA unit. and lost a consistent .1 sec in the 1/4mi.

i think he even put the scoop back on and ran the same times as the initial runs.

basically...around town you'll barely notice it. but at high speeds i think it is obviousl the advantage of the SSRA.

not bashing the FTRA...since it's a good unit, and is great for people with less than ideal road conditions...ie...bumps, dips, steep inclines...etc.

Quick Reply: SSRA...gggone!