Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grounding Bolts on the back of Driver Side Head

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grounding Bolts on the back of Driver Side Head

I am having difficulty with the two grounding bolts on the back of the driver side head

with 1/8 of an inch of space left they become impossible to turn, this leaves enough space for the grounding connectors to move around a bit... they arent pressed flush against the block ...

Is this how it is supposed to be? Ive tried taking them out and switching the bolts with no luck ... and I know I am threading them into the right holes (they were marked - the two closest to the intake ports, one top, one bottem)

Any help appreciated,
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

It sounds as if you're using the wrong bolts. The holes are only so deep and a longer bolt will bottom out the threads leaving this space you're talking about.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Its possible,

Though they seem to be the correct ones ... the only other bolts I have that thread in are the P/S pump bolts, and those are longer with a rounded end

And of course the question arises, if these *arent* the bolts for the connectors ... what are they for?
Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

If everything else is back together and in good working order I'd say just use a few washers to shim those up and call it a day. It's possible that you got the grounding bolts mixed up with something else, but I don't see where it would be a major problem.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by braap
If everything else is back together and in good working order I'd say just use a few washers to shim those up and call it a day. It's possible that you got the grounding bolts mixed up with something else, but I don't see where it would be a major problem.
I agree, use some washers and call it a day.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If your gonna use washers, use a star washer so you get a good "bite" and a solid connection.