Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY probs...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question ORY probs...

i know people have posted about this before but I'm gonna ask the question a little differently... I just installed PS LT headers with a Pace Setter 3 inch Off Road Y pipe and magnaflow cat back. when ever i get on it (usually lower speeds) there are several noises that I can hear and even feel it in the floor board. I know that the y could be hitting the floor but when I look under the car the y only touches the thing that looks like a drive shaft loop. And I put a piece of rubber there so it shouldn't make too much noise from that spot. where else could all this noise be coming from? i never had this problem before the exhaust!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowjoe99
i know people have posted about this before but I'm gonna ask the question a little differently... I just installed PS LT headers with a Pace Setter 3 inch Off Road Y pipe and magnaflow cat back. when ever i get on it (usually lower speeds) there are several noises that I can hear and even feel it in the floor board. I know that the y could be hitting the floor but when I look under the car the y only touches the thing that looks like a drive shaft loop. And I put a piece of rubber there so it shouldn't make too much noise from that spot. where else could all this noise be coming from? i never had this problem before the exhaust!
When you look under and the car isn't moving, you're not going to see where it's making contact.

It's hitting on the drivers side floorboard. I solved the problem shoving a rubber exhaust hanger in between the floorboard and y-pipe.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You aren't gonna see it by looking under there. It's from driving when all the noises occur.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

The engine moves a bit in the cradle, which is normal. When it torques over, the y-pipe is hitting. You could try to adjust the exhaust to not hit but I don't know if that will work for you or not.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slowjoe99

i bought some heater hose at AZ, ran a zip tie through the hose and placed it where the ory was closes to the floorboard...and presto....been on there for almost a yr and no porbs.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine did the same thing, took it to a muffler shop they got a big pry bar an bent the Y down. No more hitting!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what other kind of things are a good fit to put in there that can take the heat? between the floorboard and y
Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Install poly engine mounts. That will fix the problem.

Brian
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Install poly engine mounts. That will fix the problem.

Brian
Or solid ones! lol

Yeah, its hitting due to flexing motor mounts and tranny mount. Replace all with Poly ones and be done with it for good.