PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP sensor, PCM output questions... Probably simple.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MAP sensor, PCM output questions... Probably simple.

Hey everyone. I have an 87 TA... 99 LS1 swap. I just installed a new MAP sensor because I cleaned out the fast intake and it was covered in oil. So I figured I would replace it.

Now, it came with the new seal, and it felt pretty good when I put it in. So I didnt seal it with RTV.

My question is this. I have an Aerofoce Tech Interceptor scan gauge. One of its displays is manifold pressure. Im pretty sure it displays it in in/hg. I also have an autometer vacuum gauge (space filler in the a-pillar pod). The numbers are way different. For example when the manual gauge shows 20, the scan gauge says like 8. Im just thinking, the only way the PCM can know manifold pressure is by the MAP sensor. So should these two numbers be closer? And if so, would that indicate that vac. is leaking from the MAP sensor?

I think Im going to RTV the sensor just to be on the save side...but I wanted to get some input on this anyway. Im tryin to learn the tuning aspect of things, but I always get stuck at the MAP sensor.

Justin