anyone use that spray to blind stoplight cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone use that spray to blind stoplight cameras?

http://www.phantomplate.com/

they have a few video clips (news, tech tv) and they say it works.

i got a ticket in the mail

they also have some e-book on how to defeat the ticket in court. has anyone downloaded this yet?

Last edited by Reznor; 06-20-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:35 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pretty cool if it works
Old 06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Mythbusters Episode 73: Speed Cameras
Take two self-confessed speed freaks — yeah, that would be Adam and Jamie — and pit them against the people's nemesis: speed cameras. The result: an action-packed adventure full of fun, fascination and, best of all, fast cars. Can speed cameras be beat by speeding faster than they can click? How about using license plate protectors or changing lanes to avoid the camera's eagle eye? Adam and Jamie put the pedal to the metal to crack these myths. Meanwhile in "Exploding Nitro Patches," Kari, Grant and Tory explore the myth that when the paramedic shouts "Clear!" and the defibrillator vents, its volts may start more than a heart.
Premiere: March 7, 2007

RESULTS: BUSTED- stuff don't work
Old 06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these arent speed cameras... and mythbusters can suck my left nut. it's a entertainment tv show :rofl:i hope you don't take anything they do seriously.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

one can is enough for two vehicles?!? good god! basically, i would just stop at stoplights and be on the safe side.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

um, not to sound like a dick.

Do you know how to prevent red light tickets???

DON'T RUN RED LIGHTS!

It's worse than speeding.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i didn't run through a solid red light, that bitch was still yellow, and turned red when i got to the other side of the street. my truck was still in the intersection though, which is why it snapped the pic.

if a cop was patrolling that intersection, i'm 100% positive he would've have pulled me over. i don't run reds.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you were still in the intersection when it turned red...you ran the light. not trying to be a dick just stating the facts that an asshat cop would do. i agree, most with half a brain woulda prolly let you go but the law is the law!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reznor
i didn't run through a solid red light, that bitch was still yellow, and turned red when i got to the other side of the street. my truck was still in the intersection though, which is why it snapped the pic.

if a cop was patrolling that intersection, i'm 100% positive he would've have pulled me over. i don't run reds.
Actually........

IF you look into the Highway Code:

Definition of a yellow light : CLEAR the intersection, if you ENTERED the intersection AFTER it turned yellow, you will get a ticket.

If you had a green light and it turned yellow WHILE you were in the intersection, you shoudln't receive a ticket.

Yellow does NOT equal "Go Faster"
Yellow actually mean YIELD as well!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Teching In

red light cameras don't turn on and start taking pictures until after the light turns red... at that point once the light is red, if someone goes past the marker on the road, they will turn on and start taking pics. They have sensors built into the road just like the turn lanes that sense the car tire (induction circuit I believe). that line is back where traffic stops for the light, so if you already past that when the light turns red, it should not take any pictures, unless someone else ran it behind you and activated the cameras and caught you in it as well.

btw, the spray can stuff does NOT work.

the red light cameras use laser technology.. they don't use a FLASH, which is what the spray can stuff is made for. have you ever seen a traffic camera come on and any flashes going off? nope. so buy it if you want, but it won't protect you in the least bit.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Do a search on the "Equalizer VF2" if you don't want to worry about these camera's.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Red light cameras in houston use flashes. If you are sitting at westhimer and 610 facing the mall at night the camera there use to be like a strob light with the number of people going through. I would love to see the number of tickets day by day for that one because I bet it would prove that they work. I almost never see a flash at that one any more. So that means it did its job and got people to stop.

yellow should mean stop not punch it.

Originally Posted by still-asleep
the red light cameras use laser technology.. they don't use a FLASH, which is what the spray can stuff is made for. have you ever seen a traffic camera come on and any flashes going off? nope. so buy it if you want, but it won't protect you in the least bit.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Teching In

i just heard on the news yesterday that the city of garland's are working so well that they are not paying for themselves anymore. i'm sure that people do it at other lights but just not at the intersections that they know they are at. at least we are trying to save some lives though.