Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Racking my Brains!!! Need suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Racking my Brains!!! Need suggestions please

I have a rebuilt tranny from six speeds inc, spec 3 installed with everything they sent me except the throwout bearing cause I got a new updated slave, new ram adjustable master, and I did the drill mod. Everything was broken in the way I was directed by spec and six speeds inc. After breaking it all in, I took it out to try it out and it grinded going into third and then fourth. Talked to six speeds inc and they told me to adjust the master out because I had it to close and didn't have enough travel. Did that and now it will go into third without a problem, but still grinds going into fourth. Came home and noticed the hydraulic line was really close to my header. Pulled it away and rebled the system several times to get all the old fluid out and rebled with new fluid. Now the clutch is way more street friendly so I figured I had fixed my problem. Nope, still grinding in fourth. Any suggestions on what else to check? Maybe try to adjust the master out a little more or try shifting with a stock master in? I have run out of ideas and some help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock shifter?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I still think you will need a mcleod adjustable master. If it fixed 3rd gear sounds like you still don't have enough throw. Keep adjusting your stock one until you can't and then see. If not you will need a mcleod for more adjustability.

Amber
Old 06-21-2007, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Is the Mcloud better than the Ram? I already have the ram adjustable on it. I'll try adjusting it some more. If more adjustment doesn't work what else would you suggest doing?
Mike, I have a B&M shifter and it is adjusted properly.