Anyone in the oil industry in DFW area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Anyone in the oil industry in DFW area?

Ive been looking around and I am finding that guys are making pretty damn good money simply driving a water truck for all these oil/gas companies in the Johnson/Tarrant county area. The best part is, the industry is HURTING for people that will actually WORK and many people are going from truck driver to lead man in a few months making killer money! Anyone doing anything like this or know anyone? Any advice?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hint hint.....look at oil prices. This is what is making the industry good.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Teching In

I work for SMITH but I am in houston, we build the tools that drill for the oil,water,gas,ect, and man this year the compay has been doing good. I went from working in the shop building the tools to lead man in about a year and a vary nice raise,ac, my owne office,computer. But even the shop guys get it good b/c they just went around and puting ac in all the shop's.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have put something out about a week ago. We just hired a guy as kind of a gopher guy type thing. We deal mainly in stripper wells though, so there is a lot of driving down south.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Regular

What do you want to do? I have 3 best friends in the biz, and they know people up here.

I can also guarantee that you will be doing plenty of driving. I dabbled a bit in the oil biz... getting a call at noon with them telling you that you need to be in Florida by midnight is not a good time.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

I do

Kwik Kar Lube and Tune
not bad for a kid still in High School
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

I want to sit in a new Powerjoke F350, drinkin soda, the A/C on high, and make75K a year doin it.......lol!!!
Actually, that is the only reason I am interested. It seems that if anyone is really willing to work, and they have any intelligence, that they advance to a lead pretty quick and actually have a pretty damn easy job with great pay. Im lookin at it from the long haul. Im being told that in order to really make any money, you need to have your CDL. My dad's bud drives a sand truck and brings home 1K a week and hes only been there for 2 weeks! I dont really know what other options there are...the oil industry is new round my area. What would YOU wanna do if you went back into it DSIM?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BJ services is a big service company that does the frac jobs for operators in that area. Look them up.

Fort worth is by the barnett shale, which is a big natural gas basin that only is profitable because of fracturing wells with water, and when natural gas prices are at or above about $5 an MCF. That would be now. It is a big deal right now and there are dozens of operators in the area, and they all need water.

And the oil and gas industry is not new there, it just wasn't profitable in that play until now.