collision guys come in

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default collision guys come in

Just got hit this morning while driving through an Albertsons parking lot and need some help. Dont know if there are any f-body centers in the area if not where do you guys suggest I go. The shitty thing about it is that the 17 yr old kid that hit me in his bmw that mommy and daddy just bought for him, is uninsured. So need a collision center that does good work. I got one from a friend of my dads but its for $2500, and I would like to see if someone on here might be able to help me out. Here is a picture of the damage. Thanks Guys. And make sure yalls cars are insured. If you dont, you suck at life and need to get insurance.

Thanks for any help,

Monroe
Old 06-26-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

i hope u called the cops? u got uninsured?? that MIGHT be a new quarter id have to see it in person your looking at 1500-2000+
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Launching!

I called them but since it was in a parking lot and no one was injured they couldnt send anyone. I even called my uncle who works for Arlington p.d. and he couldnt stop by cause hes related. I have insurance the 17 yr old punk kid doesnt. And yeah the quarted has to be replace and it gonna cost $2500 in all from the one quote I did get.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang...only if you weren't so far. I hit that same part (maybe not as bad) and my husband fixed it all in one day! Best of luck to you getting this resolved.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 PM

1) If you got his LP# or DL#, call the cops and file a complaint against the driver and they'll give him a ticket (best you'll get out of it, but it could lead to a supsended license if)

2) Go to a local junk yard and grab a rear right quarter panel off of an F-Body and take it to any body shop to have it wet sanded and painted to match.

That might save you a couple hundred or more but paint + labor is going to be the major cost compared to the OEM parts

On a side note, Uninsured Motorist Coverage costs maybe $3/mo - it's the best investment you can make considering over 60% of Americans are driving without insurance and the average wreck costs between $2000 and $3000 - you'd have to go 8 years without an accident for it not to pay for itself...
Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Definately needs a quarter... price sounds about right. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Texass683
I called them but since it was in a parking lot and no one was injured they couldnt send anyone. I even called my uncle who works for Arlington p.d. and he couldnt stop by cause hes related. I have insurance the 17 yr old punk kid doesnt. And yeah the quarted has to be replace and it gonna cost $2500 in all from the one quote I did get.
I think your neck should have started hurting after hearing that. Nothing like working for what you have and having a little punk hit it. I dont know if i would have been sad or pissed.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

small claims court?

i fail to see how responsibility for 2,500 in damage can go unresolved because he didn't have insurance.

even if he doesn't pay you, he'll have a judgement on his credit.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Teching In

You need to fill out a "Blue Form" (they are not really blue). It is also called a Drivers Crash Report Form CRB-2. Make a copy for yourself, your insurance will want a copy faxed to them. You need to do this within 10 days of the accident. You can get a copy of the form on-line or at your local PD.

Like Gun5 asked, do you have uninsured motorist coverage? If so, will probably only run you $250 to have it fixed.

Did you get the kids name, address, and phone number? Did he have his parents insurance card in the glove compartment?

Have you contacted his parents?

Keep us posted.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:27 AM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

U should have stomped on his *** and say u slipped due to all the rain we are getting.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DubC
You need to fill out a "Blue Form" (they are not really blue). It is also called a Drivers Crash Report Form CRB-2. Make a copy for yourself, your insurance will want a copy faxed to them. You need to do this within 10 days of the accident. You can get a copy of the form on-line or at your local PD.

Like Gun5 asked, do you have uninsured motorist coverage? If so, will probably only run you $250 to have it fixed.

Did you get the kids name, address, and phone number? Did he have his parents insurance card in the glove compartment?

Have you contacted his parents?

Keep us posted.

Yeah all im going to have to pay is the $250. He doesnt have any in insurance. I turned everything over to my insurance and they are going to contact him. I did get every bit of info that he had on him down to his email and blood type, except his SSN. I was about to kick his *** but then he told me he was 17, im 24, so that wouldnt have been good. Then one thing I have gotten from him though is $300 because he didnt have insurance, and in the state of Texas if you pay a partial payment you have to pay the whole thing. Hopefully that will play a part in it. Ill keep you guys informed as to what is going on, and hopefully Ill get my car fixed soooooonnnnnnn.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Launching!

also im looking for an ss spoiler and an ultra z hood. I have to get a new quarter painted I might as well get the look I want out of my car before it gets fixed and painted. So if anyone out there has either a spoiler or z hood pm me with a price.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

How long ago did he get the car ? Don't most insurances have a policy that covers a new vehicle purchase for a few days ?

I know exactly what you are going through, my wife got hit by some idiot kids pulling a trailer and all they had was an expired ins. card for a policy they never renewed. And now the ******* won't call us back with updated information, so were assuming they don't have any at all, but our insurance is making us jump through freaking hoops to cover it with uninsured motorist.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Launching!

my insurance is actually going after the kid to make sure he doesnt have insurance and if not they said they are planning on making him pay for it. They have been real good. I went in told them how much the collision center wants to fix and they mailed over a check right then and there for the costs. I only have to pay $250 for uninsured motorist deductible, but besides that im free of charges. the shitty thing is it will take between a week to two weeks to fix, so that means i cant drive it for that period of time. Ill keep yall informed as to how it turns out.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Teching In

If they just bought the car you wont have to pay anything. His parents insurance will cover it for 30 days.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

uninsured motorist coverage in texas always offers you a free rental veh under that specific coverage. fyi