Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Strange situation with my hydro's. Not sure what to think

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange situation with my hydro's. Not sure what to think

I have had the dreaded sticking clutch pedal for well over a year. I powerbled the clutch and it made no difference. I figured I would try replacing the hydrolics and since the tranny needs to come out, I bought a new clutch also. Since I have been getting a strap on my back at work for 6 months I have not had anytime to get it replaced. Anyway, after reading the thread about removing the diaphram I wanted to check mine out and saw nothing odd.

I grabbed the new master to take a look at it and when I started to take the cap off fluid kinda squirted out a bit. I was like wtf? If you notice on a new gm master the fluid is damn near all the way up to the top of the master when the diaphram is in and the cap is on. The one in my car was not, so I added some fluid not sure how much but not a lot, maybe an ounce and put it back together. Pumped the **** out of the clutch, pulled the car out of the garage and took it for a drive. I immediatly noticed a difference. The pedal was higher, the return at any speed was sigificantly faster and even in the worst situation where it would stick before it still returned.

Not sure what to make of it. Going to take the bird out today again and test it out.