Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking stainless zip ties....arghh!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Locking stainless zip ties....arghh!

Anybody ever successfully use these things? I have to bend them up just to get them apart. Why can't I just take them out of the package and start putting them on? They claim they work just like zip ties, but I can't get them apart to begin with. What am I doing wrong?

Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

not understanding what you are asking... what do you mean bend them up to get them apart?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

They come in the package just like the pic. I can't pull the end out of the catch mechanism to open it up full length to put it around a pipe. The little tooth is holding it tight and I have to bend it to loosen it's grip. That can't be right.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm the only thing i could think of is to snip the end of it... push the small little snipped piece through till it fell out... then you should be able to stick the rest of the zip tie through there...

i've never done it so, you might wanna find out more info before you go to snipping them... but that's the only idea i could come up with...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Man, I don't know. It's probably some simple little trick a 3rd grade girl could do. This is the 2nd set I've purchased and both sets are the same, which tells me it's not the product but the user.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so that little bump thing on the left of the "end" isn't something you can press down or use a pair of pliers on at all?