Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Code enforcment

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code enforcment

So I went over a buddie of mines house the other day and he notices a plug wire burned, no big deal right. Well today I jacked it up too change it, im working on it for about 15min and a dodge pickup pulls up in my yard sits there for about 20 min, the office gets out and hands me a notice that I have 10 days too move the "noruning" car in my drive way. Well it took a couple of seconds for me too even register what was going on. I told her it ran and started it for her. She said it didnt matter because It was on jacks, I then asked her how she works on her car, She didnt reply. This is the dumest thing ive ever seen, I mean I understand you cant leave a car up on jacks for a week or two but she was watching me work on it. Ive allready called city hall let me know what you think.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Should have sprayed her with the hose to run her off like a stray dog.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

thats nutz...
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, never had that happen, but I have had the homeowners **** association send me pics of my boat in my yard while I was washing it out after a day of boating. Then a week or so later I got a letter from a lawyer about parking policy in the neigborhood. We only bring it home to clean it or to take it out the next day, otherwise it is stored at a marina.

So I got into a big arguement with the president about how he spends my money that I pay to the association.

Jackasses
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably a neighbor ratted you out. Used to get on me
about the El Camino parked on the front lawn under a
tree so every time I got a pink card I would start it up
and turn it around the other way, still under the tree.
With enough time you can train them to leave you alone.

Of course if it's really not running you have more of a
problem. But I'd take that ticket to the code enforcement
office and talk to the big dick there about harassment of
citizens doing simple maintenance. If you have an afternoon
to kill.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is what i have done and will always do throw in there face and tell them to f u c k off. they never come back. i got one of those but he knocked on my door 30 mins after i was done but that whole week my car was on and off the jack stands because i was either changing brake pads or rotating tires.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

I was only working on it for 15 min so I dont think one of my neighbor ratted on me.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

The correct response is: "It's been on stands for 15 minutes, I'm doing routine maintainance, I'm violating no laws or codes, get off my property."

There is no law against jacking up your car to do your own maintainance, only code against leaving a broken down vehicle on stands or in the yard for an extended period of time, i.e. more than one day or certainly 15 minutes.

I know some cops will bash me and say you should kiss ***, but there's no excuse for this. The officer should have asked how long it's been there, and then told him that what he is doing is fine but if he leaves the vehicle that way more than a day he would be violating code and she would check the next day and then have to write him a notice if he was lying and the car was still on stands. What an ignorant bitch. She did not observe any law being broken, she made an assumption that one had been and wrote a citation. Unacceptable.

Even though it's not going to effect you in the long run, I'd raise holy hell and demand some sort of disciplanary action just to try and help spare others from her stupidity. The next person who is a victim of one of her power trips might not be as lucky as you.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

I was thinking of doing a big burnout in front of city hall too show them how functional the car is.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BAD01TA
I was thinking of doing a big burnout in front of city hall too show them how functional the car is.

hell ya and at the same time tell them to them selves
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

I work for County govt where I am at.....dude, call yor city councilman...you have a rep for the area you live in (Districts), find out and tell their assitants what has happened and that it needs to be looked into. For example, here an administrative referral gets passed down from the commisioners office and the Dept. has to answer to the "call" and give an explanation on the incident. Be professional about it but light a fire under their butts and follow up if you are serious about this matter. Sounds to me someone called and complained on you.

Good luck.

If you have a homeowners assoc., they will mess with you like the gestapo! They do where I live and I am glad our rental lease is up.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by will82
The correct response is: "It's been on stands for 15 minutes, I'm doing routine maintainance, I'm violating no laws or codes, get off my property."

There is no law against jacking up your car to do your own maintainance, only code against leaving a broken down vehicle on stands or in the yard for an extended period of time, i.e. more than one day or certainly 15 minutes.

I know some cops will bash me and say you should kiss ***, but there's no excuse for this. The officer should have asked how long it's been there, and then told him that what he is doing is fine but if he leaves the vehicle that way more than a day he would be violating code and she would check the next day and then have to write him a notice if he was lying and the car was still on stands. What an ignorant bitch. She did not observe any law being broken, she made an assumption that one had been and wrote a citation. Unacceptable.

Even though it's not going to effect you in the long run, I'd raise holy hell and demand some sort of disciplanary action just to try and help spare others from her stupidity. The next person who is a victim of one of her power trips might not be as lucky as you.

The officer stated in the case isn't a Law Enforcement Officer rather a City Code Enforcement officer.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FASTERthanYOU
Should have sprayed her with the hose to run her off like a stray dog.
i like it.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eh, take it up with whoever is in charge. Its stupid but, if you dont say anything they may try to **** with you more later.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just get the ugliest pos that runs and put it in your front yard paint it like 10 different colors and just let it sit there my dad had an old dodge truck in the back yard of his house one time it was untagged well CE came around and they were like that truck is an eysore and its not tagged so iwent to the courthouse got it tagged and insured and parked it in the front yard been there for a year lol
Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ohh **** I will have to sensor myself on this. Luckily I have had my junk at my parents house when the fine's were issued. I think my dad paid something like $1-200 in fines for the two times we have been fined. It was not only my stuff that got us fined but it is what brought them to look around the house. We have had several visits to make sure all of the cars run. The funniest thing is we had 2 with out motors even in them at the time and we had to fire them all up and have them drive a few feet. We started on the side of the house that had cars that barely ran. They took a while to be warmed up and not stall to move. The guy was there for about a half hour sweating his ***** off and after 3 cars he said do the rest run and of course we said yes. He then left an did not come back to see if they ran again. They have always been kept under car covers so even though the outsides were not that bad they still wanted to see them moving and plated.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
just get the ugliest pos that runs and put it in your front yard paint it like 10 different colors and just let it sit there my dad had an old dodge truck in the back yard of his house one time it was untagged well CE came around and they were like that truck is an eysore and its not tagged so iwent to the courthouse got it tagged and insured and parked it in the front yard been there for a year lol

We had this happen in Deltona. I had 4 cars in the yard, behind the house behind a privacy fence. A neigbor called in and complained because I called animal control about his damn cats after I warned him and advised him that they were sleeping on my convertible top and he did nothing. Now remember my cars were all hidden from view and were not any hazard. And even ran. I just hadnt gotten around to stripping them yet. So they cited me, so I went up and tagged and insured them all and parked them in the front yard. MAN did that **** off that same neigbor. He called code enforcement for a month every day. The officer said he had to come out and check every time there was a complaint. Sucked for him and it cost me a bit of money, but in the end I won. That jerkoff stopped calling and began keeping his cats inside, or at least off my cars.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

women cops SUCK
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

I wonder if it was the same Biotch that called the cops on you for washing the vette a month ago?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Addict

Get a restraining order against her. Then she can come close enough to give you another notice.

What a Kunt!

Quick Reply: Code enforcment