Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody HELP ME!! No Spark!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody HELP ME!! No Spark!?

Over the past couple weeks or so my car has been having a rough time getting started. It would take about 5 minutes or so to get it going but I could always usually get it started without too much effort. Well naturally I go to the track last nite and it decides it doesnt want to start. Long story short, I dont have any spark! I am stumped on this one. Because sometimes it runs and sometimes it doesnt? I ask myself "why would it have spark sometimes and other times not?" Is this an electrical problem? Does any body know what wires to test to check? Its weird though because sometimes it will just start right up and other times It just wont start at all. Does anybody know what the voltages should be on the prongs of the plugs going to the coil packs? I would assume thats where I need to start. I checked 3 coil packs and none had spark. And I am also assuming that all 8 coil packs wouldnt go bad at the same time.

Thanks guys! Any input on this one is greatly appreciated!!!!!! Hell if you are close enough and we can figure it out, Im good for a case of beer! lol

-Andrew
Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

any ideas!?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Problem fixed thanks to Crawlin! Turned out to be the ignition control relay.