Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cruise control

where exactly is the cruise control unit placed? anyone got a picture of it? i would go in my car and follow the wire from the TB or TCS but im working on puting an ls1 in my 01 v6 car so im trying to figure out where i need to put my cruise control unit with cable. thanks!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the Number-Letter code on your cruise control box?

BTW that Montery Maroon Metallic... best color the Camaro ever came in. I almost got one of those. Should have.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
What is the Number-Letter code on your cruise control box?

BTW that Montery Maroon Metallic... best color the Camaro ever came in. I almost got one of those. Should have.
well i havent bought one yet, but thanks for the comment on my color... one of the reasons i want to keep this car imo. just bought some menzerna and claybar's so i cant wait to get my PC on this bad boy, havent done my summer polish yet because of all this damn rain in texas.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Actually the whole mid west has been drowning in water it seems like.

The unit will bolt onto the outer side of the drivers frame rail. it sits in a bucket looking bracket.

you need a 10 mm rachet. loosen off the flap door on the drivers side. located in front of the wheel. it is just two bolts.

lower that flap and you will see 2 holes in the middle of the frame rail. the electrical connector has always been a pain to plug in for me.

i loosened all the plastic further by taking out the 10mm bolts from the wheel well to half way up the front of the car and then pulled down on the plastic to unclip a clip near the condensor. gets all that mess out of the way.

then i just snaked the cruise control cable up from the frame rail area and the long way around the brake booser. the cable will have a silver clip that goes on the booster. then just follow the curve of ur factory throttle cable to the TB or TCS motor. Are you ASR or not?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya i have ASR. do you ahve a pic as to where cruise control unit is exactly? it sounds like its underneath the ABS unit.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

it would be more towards the drivers side . the abs mod mounts to the frame rail. look on the outer face of the frame rail. the bolt holes are not visable from the top side of the car.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
it would be more towards the drivers side . the abs mod mounts to the frame rail. look on the outer face of the frame rail. the bolt holes are not visable from the top side of the car.
will i have bolt holes even though its a v6 car?