Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed SSRA and MTI Clear Lid

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed SSRA and MTI Clear Lid

Well I had nothing to do the other day and I finally installed my SSRA and MTI Clear Lid.

Taking everything apart was the easy part, had everything taken apart and striped down in like 15-20 minutes. Hardest part about that was taking off the plastic bits infront of the radiator. Getting to the plastic hold in screws.

After I got everything apart I realised I had nothing to cut away the lower airbox with for the SSRA and then a Fing thunderstorm came in and had to close up shop for a bit and figure out how the hell I'm gunna cut this thing up. So I started with a knife, didn't work out well. So I head to the local hardware store and buy a mini hack saw, it worked well untill I broke off the piece of metal holding the blade. Then had to call some friends and borrow a full size hack saw and then well HACKED the crap out of it, it didn't come out pretty and wound up cutting away everything on the inside. Total time spent on that was about 2.5hrs.

Squeezing in the SSRA was alright, just made me nervous on how much I had to finagle the radiator. After that lining up the SSRA with the lower airbox was easy and poped in the tray and filter and then connected everything to the new Clear MTI lid.

WHATABITCH it was getting the lid to fit properly, it took a lot of work getting the lid in, push here, push down on that there, hoping not to crack it. that took like a good 20mins there.

was I not supposta use the filter tray or something, or is that just how the MTI lid is?

All in all it was pretty easy install, didn't feel any difference really, maybe a little bit more power from 2.5k+ but mostly just my wallet