Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a round, quiet muffler for duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a round, quiet muffler for duals

Right now I'm running true duals with Flowtech Raptors. They have a fairly deep sound to them, and are fairly quiet (if open headers is a 10 on the loudness scale, I would rate them a 6 or 6.5 or so)

I'm remaking my true duals to go all the way out the back (rather than dump halfway down the car) and I was wanting to gain as much clearance as I could, so I want to go with round mufflers. That, and I don't really feel like hanging a pair of huge mufflers at the rear of the car for everybody to see

Bullets are out of the question, they are too loud for what I want. I've tried Spiral Flows, but they were too "high pitched" for me. I prefer a deep tone, not a loud higher pitched sound

Flowmaster's Hushpower II mufflers might work, but I don't know how loud they are...and I don't know if I want to spend $130 per muffler

Those Magnaflow 4" X 9" round mufflers might also work, but I'm not sure how loud those are either

If my current Raptors are about a 6.5 on the loud-o-meter, I'd say I'm wanting something around a 4 or 5...but I would prefer it to have a deep tone to it, not a higher pitched tone (like a cutout on a Y pipe, duals with chambered mufflers, etc)...and round!

Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I should also mention that if I can't find something that's quiet enough on its own, I have no problem putting on a pair of small cats on to help tone it down some as well
Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well if I were you I would no doubt put some small cats on..metal core magnaflow cats are a very nice piece. Look into the medium length Powerpack mufflers from Eadperformance.com >>>>>>Sponsor
Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

borla xr1's are fairly quiet but the round mufflers are fairly large and ground clearance is iffy i have them on my car and mine is lowered and i have a few inches of clearance

Quick Reply: Looking for a round, quiet muffler for duals