Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaks

So my car has decided to squeak quite loudly now after it rains, and since it is nearly time to buy an ark here in Texas I'm thinking I need to remedy it. I think the noise is coming from a pulley but I'm not sure which one. Do they make aftermarket pulleys to replace each of the stock ones? If so, do you recommend changing them all? Any advice in this area would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Maybe its just a belt. Trying replacing a 30$ belt before you replace 100$ worth of pulleys
Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pinesol_hater
So my car has decided to squeak quite loudly now after it rains, and since it is nearly time to buy an ark here in Texas I'm thinking I need to remedy it. I think the noise is coming from a pulley but I'm not sure which one. Do they make aftermarket pulleys to replace each of the stock ones? If so, do you recommend changing them all? Any advice in this area would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
I have the same problem it sounds like its coming from the pully next to my ac...
its a new belt only has a few hundred miles on it
Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

They make some stuff in a can called belt dressing i think thats supposed to stop squeaks. you could try some of that
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Launching!

im having the same problem i hate it i know its not the belt but it is one of the pulleys but when im acelerating ti dosnt sqeak and the one time i went to a shop to get it checked out it didnt want to squeak
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Same problem here, check your idler pulley. Also does it when the engine is cold.