Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor replaced...same prob?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 02 sensor replaced...same prob?

Couple days ago i was cruising at around 2200rpms, and the car bucked and jolted for about a minute, turned to a side street and then the SES light came on, checked the code and it was a P0155, which was the pass side 02 sensor, replaced it...drove it around for about 45 minutes, no problems, then on the way home it did the same exact thing but only for 5 seconds or so, and then stopped, no SES light either. Anyone have any ideas? i havnt driven it since then so i'm not sure how often this will keep happening. I used the stock bosch sensors from auto zone. I also checked my spark plugs just for the hell of it but they seemed fine. Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by 99CamaroSS; 08-01-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you clear the SES light by a obd2 scanner?if not, make a wide open run through some gears ... i believe it takes 3 start cycles to clear it all out.... and some one told me that a wide open run reset things...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no i didnt think i had to, when i replaced the sensors and restarted the car the ses light didnt even come back on.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Water temp sensor??

First off i just want to express my sympathy for anyone affected by the bridge collapse today. As for my update, today i noticed when my temp gauge SHOULD HAVE BEEN around 200 it was only at around 150 so i kept my eye on it and seconds later it dropped to zero the back up to 210 then back down to zero and in those few seconds it bucked the same way it did last time. Does this mean the temp sensor is bad? It shortly went back up to regular running temp and didnt do it for the rest of the ride. Any input helpful. Thanks guys.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the connection to your ECT sensor, if you are
jumping in and out of closed loop (engine temp being
one key criterion) that will mess around a lot of things.
The connector is not very robust and can get crusty
too.