Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need help installing Raptor shift light.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 08:16 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help installing Raptor shift light.

I just got in my Raptor shift light and I want to install it in the little circular vent on the driver side pillar. Im not sure if there is a write-up on how to do it, but if someone could give me some instructions that are fairly detailed, at least to get me through it, I would really appreciate it. Oh and lastly, am I suppose to set it for a 4 cylinder, because the instructions say to do so for GM LS1 motors. Thanks
Old 05-20-2003, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club NA

Default Re: Need help installing my shift light.

To anyone who has one of these: It only comes with the light and the wires coming off of it, is that everything that I will need or will I have to purchase more stuff? Is the wired that is supplied enough to do the job? Lastly, on the switches for the cylinder settings, on the pic, it looks like it can move it 3 positions. Meaning left, middle, right according to the pic. But I tried switching them and it only seems that they only have 2 settings, a left and a right. Thanks
Old 05-21-2003, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club NA

Default Any ideas on how to...

get a nice, filled in, snug fit in the driver side pillar vent for a Raptor shift light? Ive got it mounted on the metal portion of the pillar, (the structure behind the plastic piece), but the housing on the light is a lot smaller in diameter than the hole for the vent. I was wondering how I could fill it in and look flush with the panel on the pillar.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I found. It was the first hit in a Google search.

http://missthang.50megs.com/electronics.htm
Old 05-21-2003, 11:41 PM
PR Director

Hey bro I have never heard of that shiftlight. Is it similar to Harlan shift light? Do you have pics, I might can help ya.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:00 PM
9 Second Club NA

To Slammed T/A: Here is a link where there is a few pics and stuff to say about the Raptor. The reason why I went with the Raptor, is because you dont have to read a big chart to set it, all you have to do is turn the dials on top of the housing. I think that the Harlins you have to take apart to get to it. There is 2 dials on the Raptor, one in 1000 increments and the other in 100 increments. EASY HUH?!! Oh heres the link:

www.ls1tech.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=517572 &page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&a mp;fpart=1
Old 05-22-2003, 02:14 PM
PR Director

Very nice piece! Yes easy, but the harlan wasn't that hard either, takes a little more time to look up but not that bad. All you need is a ground source, a power source, and you need to splice into the pcm--its a white wire I believe number 10. Here is a link of how to install the Harlan shift lift, I am pretty sure its the same wiring up. If you need any help let me know! Install
Old 05-24-2003, 12:22 AM
9 Second Club NA

Default Shift light problem! Please help!

Ive got the Raptor shift light and I wired it up as the Harlin instructions say to on InstallUniversity.com and for some reason the light didnt go off at 6500rpm and damn!!!...I hit the rev limiter! I know I hooked it up right. So I tested it to see if it was really working and set if for 1400rpm and turned it on, revved it to 1400 and nothing! I know its getting power because it has a verify mode where it blinks and such to tell you what its set on and everything was correct but isnt coming on as it hits the setting. The only thing that I could think of is that I spiced into the wrong wire on the PCM or there isnt a good connection on it. I spliced into the white wire pin#10. I used those t-connectors or whatever they are call, so I dont see what the problem is. Its the connectors that you slide over the wire thats being spliced into and then the wire going in is the wire that needs to be stuck in and then you crimp the metal tab and it bites into both wires. Any idea what it could be? Thanks
Old 05-24-2003, 04:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Shift light problem! Please help!

The only thing I can think of is that you eighter dont have it set to ****4 CYL MODE**** or you have hooked it up to the wrong tach wire. Remember different years use different tach leads on the PCM. Install University gives directions how to hook it up for their camaro. Also you may have it hooked up to the right lead on the PCM connecter but on the wrong connecter. Double check for YOUR year and try again.

Quick Reply: Need help installing Raptor shift light.