Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Konis and stock springs.. how low can I go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Konis and stock springs.. how low can I go?

Just curious.... I have heard many times here that you can lower an F-body by using the stock springs and Koni adjustables. By using the lower perch on the front Konis and removing the rear isolators.... BUT.. how low does this get me? 1"? Less? Im willing to give up the stance I have right now for better ride... but Im not willing to give it all up.

I was all set to purchase the Konis and Strano springs but then someone mentioned to me that I should think about using the stock springs and Koni shocks.... then maybe add a set of Strano bars instead. Im not going to AutoX the car... not that Im planing anyways. I will be drag racing the car soon.. but I have a set of QA1s and V6 springs for the track. Should I still consider the Stranos? Should I go stock shocks and use the $ on a set of bars instead?

FWIW I am on stock shocks right now and Eibach Sportlines.... the car looks SICK but I am getting a little older now and the wife hates the ride to the point I dont think she wants to get in the car anymore... and Im starting to dislike it too. We went on a road trip the other weekend and Ive decided Im not taking it out anymore until I get the ride fixed up.

Here is how the car looks right now.....

Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The stance does look great. Lowering on stock springs with koni's will give you a 3/4" drop. That is still a nice drop and would still look good. I am on Hotchkis springs and koni's and the ride is still good. The overall drop was a little over an inch. Just another option for you. You will save money by lowering on stock springs since you already have them. Stock shocks are not meant for lowerd cars so I know they wear out quicker. I have been there with my other ride so I understand.

Mike

Quick Reply: Konis and stock springs.. how low can I go?