Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Got my Diablosport

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my Diablosport

I picked up my Diablosport yesterday and the local performance shop helped me put a decent tune on my stock '04 A4.

Here's what they did:

All WOT Shift Pressure:
Changed to 15.0 %

Part Throttle Shift:
Changed to 15.0%

Shift Time:

1st, 2nd, and 3rd were all changed to -25.0%

All Torque Management modes were already turned off from the basic tune.

The people at the performance shop said this shouldn't hurt the car but I'm not so sure.

She definitely feels stronger and quicker but I wonder if these settings are okay for everyday driving. Anybody else leave their tune on at all times except for the occasional trip to the dealer??
Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Wow those look kind of high to me. I believe they maxed out the shift times. Based on a thread over at LS1GTO.com an ex NASCAR guy worked up the following that I have been using until I upgraded to my '06:

WOT Shift Pressure
1-2 +4% Firm
2-3 +6% Firm
3-4 +8% Firm

PART Throttle Shift Pressure
1-2 +6% Firm
2-3 +8% Firm
3-4 +10% Firm

Shift Time
1-2 -6% quicker
2-3 -8% quicker
3-4 -10%quicker

Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys, every car will respond differently to these changes, so some experimentation is in order.
Shift firmness is up to the end user, and even at the max of +25%, you will not hurt anything.
Shift time is already set to the fastest setting in the tunes, so setting them to -25% is not really doing anything.
TM is reduced in the A4 tunes, but not completely eliminated.
I doubt it will ever get in the way now, but you can choose to disable all TM in the tool if you desire.

Good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Guys, every car will respond differently to these changes, so some experimentation is in order.
Shift firmness is up to the end user, and even at the max of +25%, you will not hurt anything.
Shift time is already set to the fastest setting in the tunes, so setting them to -25% is not really doing anything.
TM is reduced in the A4 tunes, but not completely eliminated.
I doubt it will ever get in the way now, but you can choose to disable all TM in the tool if you desire.

Good luck.
Thanks for the response. The last thing I want to do is seriously hurt the tranny. The person that helped me with the tune said she has had these same settings on her Camaro SS for 4 years.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

GO AND TURN THEM OFF ANYWAYS CAUSE I RAN WITH THEM LIKE THEY CAME WITH TUNE AND THEN TURNED IT OFF. MY TRACK TIMES DROPPED .2 TENTHS. JUST TRY IT AND SEE.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DMONICGTO

GO AND TURN THEM OFF ANYWAYS CAUSE I RAN WITH THEM LIKE THEY CAME WITH TUNE AND THEN TURNED IT OFF. MY TRACK TIMES DROPPED .2 TENTHS. JUST TRY IT AND SEE.
Well what I meant by that statement was I checked that section to turn them off and they were already in the OFF position. She definitely feels alot quicker and less sluggish especially 1st-3rd.