Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pukes out fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pukes out fluid

I have an 02 T/A with a th400 with the reverse manual valve body with a small stall and trans brake. Yesterday i went for a drive to the store and returned when all the sudden it started slipping BAD as soon as i pulled into the driveway. I looked at the temp gauge for the trans and it was only 150 deg. So it was not hot and i was like WTF! I then pulled into the shop and pulled the dipstick out and there was no fluid in the trans. I then put 5 quarts of fluid in and started it up it tries to go into gear (1st). The trans goes into reverse without hesitation. (i thought 1st and reverse was in the same clutch pack?). After a little warming up i looked under the car and there was atleast 2-3 quarts on the ground. Does anyone have a clue what is going on here? (no i did not just pour the fluid onto the ground because i looked before i started it. It's like the fluid only came out when i put it into gear)

Ant help is apriciated!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bad tailshaft housing seal?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like a front seal . However if it ran low you may have burned the forward clutch

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not none of the seals. I thinks it something internal now! I found the reason why it was leaking. (aftermarket dipstick tube was not in all the way and i overfilled it.) What inside of it will make it not have any forward gears?