Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Spray on Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Spray on Window Tint

wasnt sure where to put this, and search wasnt working. i was wondering if anyone has used the spray on window tint in a can, nightshade i beleive its called. if so how well does it work. thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't use it on the windows even though you may be able to. Search nightshades. There's a couple of write-ups on how to use it. It seems to work well for most people although it all depends on how clean the surface is and how it's prepped.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant imagine that lasting very long if sprayed in the inside of the window. The window rollers might eventually take it off.. got a link to the product?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
cant imagine that lasting very long if sprayed in the inside of the window. The window rollers might eventually take it off.. got a link to the product?
Window rollers? Have you ever seen how a window works in these cars? The only thing that touches the glass is a little piece of fabric attached to a metal hook that guides the window down evenly. The rest of the window goes up and down via a metal track hooked up to the bottom of the window. I highly doubt a little piece of cloth will ruin a spray job.

I think if you did spray it on the window, and wet sanded it enough, it might actually look good. I don't think I would mess with it personally due to Illinois gay tint laws, and the complexity of taking it off if I had to. Good luck if you choose to do it!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Window rollers? Have you ever seen how a window works in these cars? The only thing that touches the glass is a little piece of fabric attached to a metal hook that guides the window down evenly. The rest of the window goes up and down via a metal track hooked up to the bottom of the window. I highly doubt a little piece of cloth will ruin a spray job.

I think if you did spray it on the window, and wet sanded it enough, it might actually look good. I don't think I would mess with it personally due to Illinois gay tint laws, and the complexity of taking it off if I had to. Good luck if you choose to do it!
i have friends who have had problems with that little peice of fabric tearing up REAL tint so who knows.

And in FL they dont really care to much about how dark tint is, i have 5% on my car and have pulled next to a cop at a light and he didnt say a word. Also a friend who has 2.5% tint on his car, so im not really worried about none of that.

So nobody has tried this stuff before?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres a Ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Windo...spagenameZWDVW
Old 08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Scammer Alert!

lol, im sorry but im pretty sure wet sanding would take tint off before a piece of cloth would, seeing as how i wet sand and buff cars everyday, especially tint coming from a can
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Why don't you just have your windows tinted? This is straight from VHT's site.

VHT Nite-Shades is a transparent black tail light lens coating for creating a custom European styling. When applied to tail lights, fog lights or turn indicators, VHT Nite-Shades appears black until they are lit, then the natural red color appears. Recommended for off road use. Warning: Once applied to plastic lens, SP-999 is not able to be satisfactorily removed.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

I believe he is talking about the VHT SP-171 which is actually for windows.

I am interested in knowing how well it works too.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok we all know how well this stuff works on headlights tailights and foglights, its been proven time and time again. But when it comes to windows get it done right. Dont mess with this stuff. You get runs, you get uneven applications, it usually turns into a real headache unless you have experience with it or with painting. With sooo many tint shops around these days, it would cost less that $150 to get all three windows done. Id rather shell out a measly 150 than deal wit the stress and headaches. Plus most states you cant have windows on the side tinted so how would you remove it? You can simply peel the film off; this stuff would be a nightmare to get off. I mean if you get a ticket of course.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my question is.. we all know that standard window tint has that barrier to block UV rays .. and prevents you from getting sun burnt, as well as keeps the inside of the car cool... does this stuff do that too? if not.. get some window tint done..
Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

whoa thats a new one on me, didn't realize there's actually spray on window tint..
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

^yes it does block UV rays. Also, when we get our windows done they always cut around the defroster. Is this going to mess anything up if you spray on top of the defroster wires? Will it melt like real tint?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

I will guarantee NOBODY can apply that spray EVENLY....
Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

YES, i could go get my windows tinted, all i wanted to know was if people have tried this method or not, and how well it worked. If there are people that have tried it and had bad experiences or good experiences, thats fine. I was just curious

Quick Reply: Spray on Window Tint