Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Central Florida 8-18-07 Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Tenured Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Florida 8-18-07 Dyno Day

Hey guys, we're going to be holding a dyno day on 8-18-07 at 9 a.m. at XXXXXXX dyno facility. Total charge is going to be 60 bucks for 2 dyno pulls and an AFR tune.

Best way to contact me is through email at XXXXXXX or by my cell phone at XXXXXX and we'll get your car on the list to get tuned.

Just let me know

Thanks

Last edited by next; 08-18-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn short notice.. wish I could make it
Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by slowmofo
damn short notice.. wish I could make it
We actually had two posts before that were deleted without notice. Couldn't really tell you why though.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

My bad folks. I had deleted the prior thread and banned some accounts as I originally did not find Superchips on our sponsor list.

My apologies as I now see that was a mistake and have eliminated the bans and brought this back.

Regards.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how did the dyno day turn out?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went over there and there was a ricer on the dyno at the time. They were messing around with it a lot, so, I figured I would come back later to see if anyone else showed up ... only 1 or 2 other cars there besides the folks who work there ... never made it back because I got to thinking about it and Geoff at NLP still needs to finalize my tune, so, I didn't want anybody adjusting anything on the car. I want to see what it make son Geoff's new dyno once he finishes my tune.

I did see several other cars out that way which I believe were trying to find the place. I think they would have had a fair showing if people knew where the place was. Their sign was blocked by bushes out on the main road. I only found it by coincidence by driving around the airport area for about 20-25 minutes.

I met Ryan, he was a nice guy .... not sure about the other brother there. He seemed to be all-business and not willing to get involved in a lot of conversation.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
I honestly think the fact that the origional post was pulled really hurt the outcome. I didnt even see this post til today. Maybe try another one with some notice, and a post that doesnt get removed. I knew they were a sponser here because I see their ads all the time, so when the post dissappeared I figured they didnt get enough response and cancelled. Turns out it was an error on the ls1tech's side. Really hurt this business in the end. I know it was a mistake, but I am sure it cost this company plenty of money. I know it cost them at least my $60.
So I guess my apology is no good to you. It's a shame that you feel the need to go ahead and still take a couple of shots at me.

Let's look back at this -

I removed the first post on 8/13 and warned that non-sponsor pimping would get a ban. No other action was taken. The originator of the thread had no sponsor listing nor was their username highlighted to identify them as such. I was never contacted by them or anyone else after removing that thread and sending a response of my warning.

On 8/13 a new post by a new user was put up regarding the dyno day. Again, no indication that this person was a sponsor. On 8/16 I was notified by another Mod that this second post was made after the first was removed. I removed this post and placed a temporary ban on the user account.

On 8/17 another new post by the original member was put up and I removed that and placed a temporary ban on that account.

With every post I locked and removed I always put a response in the thread for the originator to receive via email and let them know what I'm doing. Never once was I contacted by any of these folks notifying me of what was clearly an error on my part.

Again, my apologies to Superchips and their staff. It was an unfortunate mistake that I wish would not have happened.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

Look ... this now is between Eric and Superchips. Don't get banned by getting in the middle of an unfortunate mistake. Believe me, it's not worth it John ... or anyone else. Move on and let them sort it out between themselves.

Eric, I think you'd be better off locking this and ending the entire thing. You're the moderator, so, obviously you'd make that call. I'd just hate to see this continue and good people get hurt.

To all: Nothing ever came from ill-intent or hard feelings ... everybody loses. Try and let by-gones be by-gones.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
NO, I missed something I really wanted to do because of this mistake. It cost a ligitimate sponser money. How is my bringing that to the attention of others a problem? I had nothing to do with these guys other than wanting to give them my money. I have not ever associated with any of the originators of this event. Dont blame them. I am just upset that I missed a good oportunity. I wont post anymore about this but it is wrong. This sponser got the shaft and other sponsers get a free pass on ligitimate problems.
dude get over it. guess what you can drive your car over there anytime you want and pay them to put it on the dyno. the world isnt over. guy made a mistake and apologized so or get over it.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry guys, I thought I was defending a sponser, but now I see I should have kept my mouth shut. Nobody from there has spoken up. Good luck to Superchips with recouping their loss. I will keep my mouth shut in the future. I just hope that if my house gets broken into my neigbor doesnt take that stance. I deleted my posts, Hope this helps. AGAIN, Sorry guys.

Last edited by mnypitZ; 08-19-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls2 bait

dude get over it. guess what you can drive your car over there anytime you want and pay them to put it on the dyno. the world isnt over. guy made a mistake and apologized so or get over it.
ls2 bait, you could have said that a different way. That was fucked up.

Guess things have changed 'cause they wouldn't give me the time of day 2 -3 years ago at Superchips because they said their dyno's were ONLY for research and development. The guy I spoke to wasn't very friendly, as well. Have they made changes?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do the crybabies in here have some kind of vested interest in this dyno day? superchips is a big company and will continue to do well now and in the future. let it go. thiis post is beyond over. a mistake was made and has since been addressed.

if you have a problem with Next, PM him. dont make drama on this board.

locked.

Quick Reply: Central Florida 8-18-07 Dyno Day