Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seating beads on E/T streets

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seating beads on E/T streets

Ok for all of you that have e/t streets and are tubeless did any of you have a hell of a time getting the beads to seat on 16x8 wheels i was able to mount the tires by hand and got the back side bead to seat but the front i cant get it to fully seat ina 3 inch long section every time ive tryed a bunch of diff stuff to lubricate it even joy dish soap didnt cut it.any suggestion i had it up to 50 psi once and took it to atire place but they claimed it couldnt be done with out a tube. any thoughts?
Old 05-25-2003, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Seating beads on E/T streets

I have had to take mine as high as 120psi to get them to seat... The first set I did was like you described. 3" section would not seat, so I just took them to a shop and they put about 100 in them and it popped....
Old 05-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Were you running tubes then? I went out and found some tubes today stuffed 1 in a tire and ramped it up to 50 psi it close as it ever has but not quite. Should i strap on a set and keep on inflating?
Old 05-25-2003, 04:59 PM
8 Second Club

this is a real pain in the ***. i installed some on my 16 x 8 wheels at the shop and could not get them to seat. put 80 psi-would not seat. took 'em to my buddies tire shop and got them to work but used some different lube on the bead. the lube dried up quickly and the tires never spun on the rim. lube choice is critical....and be careful putting too much air in them.

good luck-
conrad