LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 lost power

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 lost power

I lost horsepower and we thought it was the vacuum and spark plugs and not that. and my car runs rich and every time i step on it smokes blows out the muffler. see i have hp when I'm at 20mph and step on it but when it comes to off the line it has nothing at all. I'm starting to think its a sensor or something. but when i hook it up theres no code throwing off. the only thing it shows is transmissions but its a 700 rebuilt with a performance shifting so it will tolerate the 383 and then put a 373 locker Moiser rear end in it. so it should be good on everything else. i don't know where to begin I'm not not mechanic or anything so I'm stumped. my car was idling high but we tuned it down cause my car pulled all the time when I'm at a dead stop. So I need help.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Get it tuned if it's running rich. At low idle it's getting too much fuel and basically bogging down, and then when u get the rpm's up to where it can burn it faster u pick up power. Should just be in the tune. Did u happen to change injectors or anything and not get it tuned for them?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

i dont really know much about it but that i know it needs to get tuned.

Quick Reply: 383 lost power