LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My Custom Exhaust Set-Up...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Custom Exhaust Set-Up...

I'm going to order me my whole exhaust set-up next week when I get my check. Now that I have a job that's bringing in a little bit of money, I can start fixing up my Trans Am! Right now, all I have is a Flowmaster replacement muffer. Don't get me wrong, the thing sounds alright... I just want something better! I'm thinking about running true duals on her. I'am wanting to get some Pacesetter long tube headers, a Summit universal x-pipe kit, and then some Dynomax Bullets and have the exhaust dumped before the axle. Does anyone have this same exact set-up? I'm just wondering if it's worth it, like is it going to sound good or no? I don't want to waste my money for nothing. Thanks fo the help guys!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a good setup to me
Old 09-14-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will sound good but, i will give it 9 out 10 the loud meter.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Launching!

It's either I get this whole exhaust set-up, or a 150 shot of nitrous. What would ya'll rather have? I'm thinking the exhaust but nitrous will knock my et down pretty good. Then again, my car will still sound the same unless I get the full exhaust set-up. What would ya'll rather have?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

well if ya get a 150 shot there is alot more to it. you will need a better fuel pump, and some other mods to support the air flow (headers, CAI, exhaust). i would get a full exhuast and some other boltons before nitrous
Old 09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Launching!

I'm getting paid today, but the check is not going to be all that great. I'm thinking about ordering the mufflers later on today when I get out of work and I'm going to head down to San Antonio tomorrow morning and pick up a Jeg's 3" x-pipe kit. Does anyone think that Dynomax bullets will be too loud, or will they work out? I basically just want my Trans Am to sound mean.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
I'm thinking about running true duals on her. I'am wanting to get some Pacesetter long tube headers, a Summit universal x-pipe kit, and then some Dynomax Bullets and have the exhaust dumped before the axle. Does anyone have this same exact set-up? I'm just wondering if it's worth it, like is it going to sound good or no? I don't want to waste my money for nothing. Thanks fo the help guys!
Hell yes it's worth it. Sound clips in my sig. Now I'm running a 396 solid roller (500rwhp n/a), KOOKS stepped race headers, KOOKS ypipe, Dynomax xpipe, & twin Dynomax Race mufflers turned down before the axle. The dual cutouts are capped in this vid so you get an idea of what duals sound like. Totally worth it bro!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Launching!

I'm not gonna lie to you -PEPE-, your car is ***'n nice man. It sounds mean as hell by the way. I'm sure my car won't sound like yours considering your engine is all built and mine is stock besides my cold air intake. I decided to go with pacesetter long tubes, jeg's x-pipe, and dynomax bullets then have the exhaust dumped before the axle.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
I'm not gonna lie to you -PEPE-, your car is ***'n nice man. It sounds mean as hell by the way. I'm sure my car won't sound like yours considering your engine is all built and mine is stock besides my cold air intake. I decided to go with pacesetter long tubes, jeg's x-pipe, and dynomax bullets then have the exhaust dumped before the axle.
thanks brutha, you will love the Dynomax's dumped I promise!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -PEPE-
thanks brutha, you will love the Dynomax's dumped I promise!
I'm gonna take your word on this one man lol. Anyways, I'm going to try and get my x-pipe today and maybe even order my dynomax bullets this weekend, also I'm going to order the long tubes some time before tuesday or wednesday.

Quick Reply: My Custom Exhaust Set-Up...