General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car pulls to the left!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car pulls to the left!

The car is a 99 SS and I've owned it for about a month. The car pulls to the left pretty much all the time and pulls all over the place (left and right) on bumpy surfaces, especially when braking. The car has 59k on it and I recently had an alignment done on it by a random auto shop, so who knows if they actually did anything. The tires are fairly new and even had the front left tire swapped to the back with the same result. The suspension feels fairly stiff, so I don't think that's the issue. The brakes do squeak, so I guess it could be a caliper sticking? That or the frame is jacked. What do you guys think? I'm about to just taking somewhere and tell them to fix it. lol
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe check the slider pins on the brakes. Since you swapped the tires and it didn't change anything, it can't be the tires. Are there any vibrations?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did the shop check your tie rods before they aligned it? I went to get mine aligned and found that the tie rod ends and the LCA bushings are shot. It can make it wander around and not hold an alignment, mine was wanting to go right and wander a little.