Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LT's and SLP y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetter LT's and SLP y-pipe

OK this is what i have, stock manifolds into cats, into a SLP Y-pipe, then into a bullit race muffler.....now what i need to know is, what am i going to have to do to get the SLP pipe to work with the new LT's i just bought......is there anyway to just put an adapter flange on the headers, b/c the y-pipe is bolt in on both sides....any ideas guys...or gals
Old 09-28-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's going to need quite a bit of modification to work. If you have what I think you could remove the cats and possibly have it modified at an exhaust shop with slip fit connectors to the headers. But you might be better off just buying the pacesetter or tsp Y pipe.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what i was wondering, I plan on 86'ing the the cats and just running the LT's into the y-pipe........I just wanted to know if anyone knew of an adapter that could go between the 2 or if im going to have to make my own...I guess i could look in jegs/summit and find some collecter adapters that would slip over the LT's and then have the same bolt pattern to bolt up to the y-pipe...or just get a whole new set and cut the old bolt in flanges off the Y......OR the really easy way and just order a new Y
Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you will have to cut the flanges off the Y but not sure. The connection point in the pipe for the LT's is going to be so much further rearward. Maybe not though. Either way it will take a little custom work to make it fit. I don't think you will find adapters that will bolt up to your Y and connect to the headers. A new Y would be cheaper and probably easier. Another thing to consider though, your car looks low. So is mine, and I had to "egg shape" my tsp ory under the driver seat, and put a dent in it to clear the trans crossmember and still have decent ground clearance.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DaveX
I think you will have to cut the flanges off the Y but not sure. The connection point in the pipe for the LT's is going to be so much further rearward. Maybe not though. Either way it will take a little custom work to make it fit. I don't think you will find adapters that will bolt up to your Y and connect to the headers. A new Y would be cheaper and probably easier. Another thing to consider though, your car looks low. So is mine, and I had to "egg shape" my tsp ory under the driver seat, and put a dent in it to clear the trans crossmember and still have decent ground clearance.
Yea im lookin at the TSP y's right now, I have heard that LT's with a y-pipe setup tend to..well sound like ****.....so im wondering if theres a big power difference in the catted vs no cat y's.......I want it to sound good without that raspy tone....and i think that running a gutted y-pipe gives u that rasp....any thoughts on that, cuz right now thats what im trying to figure out, is which one to order, i like the price of no cats but am i going to like the sound?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

nevermind, i just ordered a pacesetter ORY...problem SOLVED!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:22 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maroboy28
nevermind, i just ordered a pacesetter ORY...problem SOLVED!!!!
Hope you don't need a big hammer to get that thing to mate up.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

uh oh.......can you explain that to me.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Launching!

hope yours doesnt bang the floorboard like mine does. i had to take mine to an exhaust shop it get them to bend the y pipe so it wouldnt hit the floor board as bad.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

the pacesetter y pipe does not have the fitment that their headers do. they usually bang the floor pretty bad. the TSP one is about the best y pipe you can get without going stainless.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

damnit someone told me not to go TSP b/c it banged the floor worse than the pacesetter....i guess i'll have to do some modding .......
Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to just have a custom one fabbed. That is the only way to get a perfect fit.