Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TDs + cutouts = worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TDs + cutouts = worth it???

i want to run true duals thru metallic cats to magnaflows (i'm using magnaflows because i want it QUIET for tooling around) with e-cutouts between the cats and the mufflers. here's my questions, because the mufflers are straight thru, is there any real value (in power, that is) to having a cutout?? i'll probably run one for the sound no matter what, but the decision between a $180 cutout (DMH) and a $300 dollar cutout (Doug's) is in the power gains if there are any to be had.

note: please no questions/comments on my motivations here. ie "why not just buy the cheaper one no matter what??". all i want is a simple answer to a simple question. thank you in advance.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There can possible be ang hp differences between two cutouts. but are you going to dumb the exhaust before the axle like all other duals?? just have cutouts closer to the engine??
Old 10-05-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no dump, i'm going to run them out the back, x-pipe between the cats and mufflers and run the cutouts RIGHT after the x-pipe.