Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Z28 emblems

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z28 emblems

i found some 69 Z28 emblems for front fenders and wanted to try to replace mine, guy told me they mount to fender with speed nuts or something like that,does anybody know what im talking about, if so are they hard to install? sounds like some drilling dont know if want to do this,ant other opp. maybe some type of glue... thanks for any help Brian
Old 06-06-2003, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Z28 emblems

Tdawg and I went with retro SS badges on our Camaro.
We sawed off, and grined flat the metal pegs on the back of the badges, then cleaned them off and installed them using Heavy Duty 3M double sided tape.

Pic:

If you are worried about using the 3M stuff, give it a try first. It's similiar to the stuff used to stick on the side moldings, ground effects, etc. You can find the 3M stuff at most Auto Zone type places, or at Home Depot.

good luck!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Teching In

found emblems at camaro&classics have 3 different ones with one should i get Z28 gm #em1201 $42.95 Z28 high quality repro #em6759 $62.50 Z28 repro #em1212 $43.90? any tips on removing old one and getting new one on straight? thanks for the help... Brian
Old 06-07-2003, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

What he is talking about on the 69" emblems, is that they bolted to the fender. Easy fix, you have to take a dremmel and cut the peg's off the back, so that the emblem can sit flush against the fender. The 3 types you are seing are fender, grille, and trunk lid. I have done 2 sets, not hard at all, just take your time.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You could bolt them on too...
I was worried about trusting expensive emblems to tape... also, they are easier for someone to 'borrow' that way too.
I just lined mine up where I wanted them, marked the fender, drilled the 2 holes, and bolted them on.
If you ever want to go back to the 'new' emblems for some unknown reason... they will cover the holes.
I didn't use the 1st gen emblems though. I used the 2nd gen emblems. 70-74, they are a little cleaner looking IMO.
Good luck
Dave

Pics on site in sig, I think I put a little 'how to' write up there too...

Quick Reply: Z28 emblems