Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trouble Shifting

I have a 95 Z28 M6. The milage is pretty low, about 56,xxx. I haven't had any problems till lately. Now it does not want to shift between gears, and I feel a shaking when it does finally take the gear. It just started last night, and now this morning it did not want to even physically go into first, and I was having problems getting between gears. Any ideas what the problem is? I take care of the car, and it is low milage... I was wondering if it might just be some kind of lubrication issue, but that doesn't seem to explain why it shakes like hell when it takes the gear.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try posting this in the transmission section hawk,might have better luck. I would say something is going on with tranny,if it was grinding getting in thats one thing,possibly fluid,but if its not going in at all thats a big problem. Also if transmission is shaking check your transmission mount bushing.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Check your clutch resevoir. it is located close to the master cylinder under the hood by the fire wall. it is small, and it takes regular brake fluid. if its not to the full mark fill it up. not saying this is your prob. just making a suggestion. good luck
Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Teching In

try checking the resivoire, if its full pump the clutch and then try to put it in gear. If it goes in bleed the clutch. report back
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Teching In

it seems like there is some conflict that the clutch is not allowing total seperation, that meaning that the clutch is not fully dissegadging when u push it in.