Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Considering buying a '05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering buying a '05 GTO

This past weekend my car, 98 firebird formula was totaled when I hit a deer going down the road

I've been considering a new car and of course I want to stick to an LSx engine. Considering replacing my bird with a goat.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=56

That's a link to what I'm currently looking at. I want some feedback on everyone's overall opinion of the gto and what I can expect differently after driving an f-body for the past 4 years.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrisryn64
This past weekend my car, 98 firebird formula was totaled when I hit a deer going down the road

I've been considering a new car and of course I want to stick to an LSx engine. Considering replacing my bird with a goat.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=56

That's a link to what I'm currently looking at. I want some feedback on everyone's overall opinion of the gto and what I can expect differently after driving an f-body for the past 4 years.

If you drive it you will buy it. Most of us are completly biased since we own GTOs. I absolutely love mine and will not ever give it up. Even after I buy my next new car this one will be perserved in my garage!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
On the tree

I came from a 2001 Formula to an 2006 GTO. Build wise they are built alot better than the F-bodys. GTO drives very smooth and seems overall to be a really nice car.

They do have some issues, nothing major. Mainly alot of the issues coming from shipping method when they shipped them from Aus to the USA. Plan on eventually redoing the entire suspension setup if the car has not already had it done.

Tire choices are limited as they dont have alot of room up front for wide tires, wheel choices are limited as well.

Overall I still like my car.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

DONT DO IT! Wait for the LS3 Camaro!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

theyre alot more refined and comfortable than fbodies. theyre fun to drive with an ls2. imo a manual is a must with these cars like the one in that link.

Quick Reply: Considering buying a '05 GTO