Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

no abs or tcs what is the ipc???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no abs or tcs what is the ipc???

ok right before I got my car(05 m6 gto) my friend whom I bought it from hydroplaned it off the road into a grassy ditch, got mud all up in the underside of the car and one of the wheels caught an edge and messed the hub up, So I replaced it. well ever since the accident when you start it up ABS default pops up in the driver information center and i have no abs or tcs. We went to scan it the other day and it said it unable to communicate with the ipc(what does ipc stand for) fwe unhooked the scanner and hooked it up again and this time it was able to communicate and we where able to get the codes out and it said no communication with the abs or tcs. it doesn't say any more then that. this car never had a problem with the abs or tcs before. I replaced the other front hub and checked/cleaned the rear sensors for damage and there was none to them. has anyboady else had a problem like this, or can tell me how I could check it more throughly.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

ok found out what the ipc is. turns out the instrument panel has it's own little processor(the ipc)
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

if the abs module and the ipc module arent communicating then you need to make sure there is power, ground, and serial data at the Abs module the ABS module is located under the hood on the passenger side towards the front of the engine compartment. You said you replaced the hub well did you plug in the wheel speed sensor if you didnt it will disenable the abs and tcs. if the sensor is to close to the reluctor wheel it will put off a iratic signal and throw a code to disenable the abs and tcs. but first check your power ground and serial data at the ABS module.

How do you like the drag bags on your goat?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

ok checked no blown fuses, if it was a single wheel sensor wouldn't it tell me which sensor. it acts as if it get no communication at all with the abs or tcs. I've checked all the connections the back 2 sensors are the only sensors not replaced. would it not say irratic reading from sebsor X or does it not report like this. instead only saying that there is a fault in the system, thought the car was more advandced then that.

I like the bags they where on thecar when I got so I don't know what it is like with out them. I have drove my friends 05 m6 gto his has about 100 or so less hp then mine and street tires his likes to hop. definately like mine with the bags better. he is ordering them for his they are very good for the money. my drag radials are taost so I wanted to get a few good last burnouts so i just puta little extra air in the bags and gone so nice long wheel hop free burnouts
Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

i didnt say check for blown fuses. I said make sure that there is power, ground, and serial data at the ebcm. check that first
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

I know checking the under dash fuses was just on my list, it took me minute to figure out the panel hinged down to get to the under dash fuses. My friend has my multi meter right now chasing down a short on his truck. when I get it back I'll check for power and such
Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

This might sound kind of stupid but was the maf unplugged at all, or did it get dirty as well? On the 05/06 goats if the maf isn't completely plugged in or it gets dirty enough it will trigger something off in the abs and traction control.

Quick Reply: no abs or tcs what is the ipc???